- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
AARP 55 Alive Safe Driving class offered
A safe driving course for seniors will again be offered at 8:30 a.m. at the Cherry Valley Public Library District on May 26-27. This nationally accredited, two-day comprehensive course was developed and designed especially for the older driver. It takes into consideration the physical changes of the maturing driver and teaches ways the driver may compensate for those changes.
The course runs eight hours, four hours each day, and a certificate of completion is issued to each student. A copy of this certificate, when presented to your insurance carrier, will result in a reduction of the liability premium on your insurance bill. This reduction, as mandated by Illinois law, is good for three years.
The course is presented in an informal atmosphere. There are no tests to take, and the group does try to have fun. There is a nominal cost, payable by check directly to AARP. To reserve your place, call the Cherry Valley Library at 332-5161 for information.
From the May 18-24, 2005, issue