- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
AgeQuake presents eight vignettes June 28 at Wesley Willows
AgeQuake Theatres spring company includes Wesley Willows residents and community members
Eight members of AgeQuake Theatres spring company, ages 60-90, will present Funny People, a performance of eight different comic vignettes at 2 and 7:15 p.m., Thursday, June 28, in the VanSickle Room at Wesley Willows, 4141 N. Rockton Road, Rockford.
The cast includes Wesley Willows residents Esther Crandall, Robert King, Diana Strauss and Britomar Lathrop. Community residents include Jane Baxter, Jan Fox, Karen Maness and Helen Parnaby. joan e. kole is artistic director.
All eight of the vignettes are about different comic situations. Titles include I Object, Santa Gets An Off-Season Job, Father and Child Doing Well, Americas New Quiz Whizzes, Calling All Cars, Person in the Street Interviews, How Does Your Garden Grow, and Two Shorts and One Long. Each member of the cast plays multiple roles in scenes that are set in a courtroom, employment agency, auto dealership, radio studio and the offices of taxidermists.
For more information, call (815) 398-8090. Admission is free.
from the June 27-July 5, 2007, issue