- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
AgeQuake presents eight vignettes June 28 at Wesley Willows
AgeQuake Theatres spring company includes Wesley Willows residents and community members
Eight members of AgeQuake Theatres spring company, ages 60-90, will present Funny People, a performance of eight different comic vignettes at 2 and 7:15 p.m., Thursday, June 28, in the VanSickle Room at Wesley Willows, 4141 N. Rockton Road, Rockford.
The cast includes Wesley Willows residents Esther Crandall, Robert King, Diana Strauss and Britomar Lathrop. Community residents include Jane Baxter, Jan Fox, Karen Maness and Helen Parnaby. joan e. kole is artistic director.
All eight of the vignettes are about different comic situations. Titles include I Object, Santa Gets An Off-Season Job, Father and Child Doing Well, Americas New Quiz Whizzes, Calling All Cars, Person in the Street Interviews, How Does Your Garden Grow, and Two Shorts and One Long. Each member of the cast plays multiple roles in scenes that are set in a courtroom, employment agency, auto dealership, radio studio and the offices of taxidermists.
For more information, call (815) 398-8090. Admission is free.
from the June 27-July 5, 2007, issue