- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
AgeQuake presents eight vignettes June 28 at Wesley Willows
AgeQuake Theatres spring company includes Wesley Willows residents and community members
Eight members of AgeQuake Theatres spring company, ages 60-90, will present Funny People, a performance of eight different comic vignettes at 2 and 7:15 p.m., Thursday, June 28, in the VanSickle Room at Wesley Willows, 4141 N. Rockton Road, Rockford.
The cast includes Wesley Willows residents Esther Crandall, Robert King, Diana Strauss and Britomar Lathrop. Community residents include Jane Baxter, Jan Fox, Karen Maness and Helen Parnaby. joan e. kole is artistic director.
All eight of the vignettes are about different comic situations. Titles include I Object, Santa Gets An Off-Season Job, Father and Child Doing Well, Americas New Quiz Whizzes, Calling All Cars, Person in the Street Interviews, How Does Your Garden Grow, and Two Shorts and One Long. Each member of the cast plays multiple roles in scenes that are set in a courtroom, employment agency, auto dealership, radio studio and the offices of taxidermists.
For more information, call (815) 398-8090. Admission is free.
from the June 27-July 5, 2007, issue