- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Alpine Hills Golf Course kicks off the Rock River Valley Blood Centers Drive Fore Life
Bring a friend to the Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) to donate with you, and you will both receive two a coupon to Alpine Hills Golf Course. Donors who bring a donor along with them to donate blood from Wednesday, July 5, through Friday, Sept. 29 will receive a coupon for two-for-one green fees at Alpine Hills Golf Course for them and their guest.
The Blood Center is urging eligible donors to donate blood during the summer months and encourage friends and family to do so as well.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries.
Recruiting donors is very challenging throughout the summer months, especially around the holiday weekends, said RRVBC Public Relations Manager, Jennifer Bowman, We hope this might encourage the community to stop in and donate. In addition, its a nice way for us to thank the thousands of area residents that give of themselves on a regular basis to help save lives.
One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4.5 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is the sole supplier of blood and related services to OSF Saint Anthony, Rockford Memorial, SwedishAmerican, Beloit Memorial, Freeport Health Network, Harvard Memorial, Memorial Community, Northwest Suburban Community and Rochelle Community hospitals.
From the June 28-July 4, 2006, issue