- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Alpine Hills Golf Course kicks off the Rock River Valley Blood Centers Drive Fore Life
Bring a friend to the Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) to donate with you, and you will both receive two a coupon to Alpine Hills Golf Course. Donors who bring a donor along with them to donate blood from Wednesday, July 5, through Friday, Sept. 29 will receive a coupon for two-for-one green fees at Alpine Hills Golf Course for them and their guest.
The Blood Center is urging eligible donors to donate blood during the summer months and encourage friends and family to do so as well.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries.
Recruiting donors is very challenging throughout the summer months, especially around the holiday weekends, said RRVBC Public Relations Manager, Jennifer Bowman, We hope this might encourage the community to stop in and donate. In addition, its a nice way for us to thank the thousands of area residents that give of themselves on a regular basis to help save lives.
One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4.5 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is the sole supplier of blood and related services to OSF Saint Anthony, Rockford Memorial, SwedishAmerican, Beloit Memorial, Freeport Health Network, Harvard Memorial, Memorial Community, Northwest Suburban Community and Rochelle Community hospitals.
From the June 28-July 4, 2006, issue