- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Alzheimers Assoc. auxiliary holds fund-raiser
The Alzheimers Association announces that its auxiliary, AWARE, will hold its first fund-raiser on Sunday, Aug. 24. AWAREs mission is to support the Alzheimers Association and advocate for Alzheimers disease sufferers and their caregivers.
AWARE will hold Sounds at Sunset, an outdoor concert to benefit the Alzheimers Association. The Sounds will be held at Klehm Arboretum and will feature live music performed by Men of Our Times. Participants in the festivities will be able to purchase a gourmet dinner box prepared by A Moveable Feast.
Tickets for the event will be $15 (an additional $12 for boxed gourmet dinner) and can be purchased from any AWARE member, by calling the Alzheimers Association at 484-1300, or from A Moveable Feast at their shop, 1676 N. Alpine Rd., Rockford. Gate doors open for Sounds at Sunset will open at 4:45 p.m., and dinner may be picked up from 5 to 6 p.m. The concert will begin at 6 p.m.
Terry Provenzano, co-chairman of the board of Supplycore, is president of AWARE. Other members include Cathy Edge, Mary Stuart Carruthers, and Sharon DeDoncker.
AWARE is a partner of the Alzheimers Association, Greater Illinois Chapter, and founded by the families and friends of those touched by Alzheimers and other related dementias.