Applications are being accepted for the annual Little Miss & Mr. Fourth of July Pageant. A 4-year-old girl and boy will be selected to reign as Little Miss & Mr. Fourth of July for the year. They are invited to ride in parades and are special guests throughout the year at public appearances sanctioned by the Fourth of July Committee. Participation guidelines are as follows:
1. Contestants must be 4 years old by July 4. They cannot be younger or older than 4 years old.
2. The child must be able to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Parents of the Little Miss & Mr. must provide transportation to various events.
4. Registration application along with all fees, a photograph of the child, and sponsorship forms must be received by noon, Friday, June 18.
5. The contestant must reside in Winnebago County.
The pageant will be held at 1 p.m., Sunday, June 27, at Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Rd., Rockford. All participants will receive prizes. A Little Miss & Mr. Fourth of July will be selected along with a first and second runner up for each title.
Applications are now available at all Logli locations, all Alpine Bank locations, Project First Rate, or by calling 965-0768 or Jjulyfireworks@aol.com.