- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
Bacchus premieres Rock-A-Roke Nov. 11
Local residents can live out their rock star dreams by singing with a live band during the regional debut of Rock-A-Roke (rhymes with karaoke) from 8 p.m. to midnight, Thursday, Nov. 11, at Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St. Popular band Fat Elvis will provide the backup music to the rising stars.
Patrons can select from a long list of song selections (check out the song list at www.fatelvisrocks.com) to croon to the crowd. Fat Elvis, with lead band member decked out completely in the polyester jumpsuit, rhinestones, bell-bottoms and a cape, plays music from the 80s to current hits and also has a few originals. They have a full PA system, and enough material to play all night. Additionally, they have a stage presence and humor sure to please any crowd.
Bacchus also will host Rock-A-Roke on Friday, Dec. 3 and Friday, Dec. 17.
Recently, Bacchus changed its business strategy to focus on its Bar Bites appetizers and light dining menu as well as private parties and special events, such as Rock-A-Roke.
The Rock-A-Roke event was the brainstorm of Bacchus owner Michelle Juska.
Weve promised to provide new and one-of-a-kind events to the Rockford community, and this delivers upon that promise, she said. Bacchus has exclusive rights to offer Rock-A-Roke with Fat Elvis in Rockford. The feedback and excitement around this event has been phenomenal, so we expect an excellent crowd.
Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St., first opened to the public in 1996. It is among the leading businesses to open in the River District. Bacchus Wine Bar can be found online at www.bacchusrockford.com.