- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Bacchus premieres Rock-A-Roke Nov. 11
Local residents can live out their rock star dreams by singing with a live band during the regional debut of Rock-A-Roke (rhymes with karaoke) from 8 p.m. to midnight, Thursday, Nov. 11, at Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St. Popular band Fat Elvis will provide the backup music to the rising stars.
Patrons can select from a long list of song selections (check out the song list at www.fatelvisrocks.com) to croon to the crowd. Fat Elvis, with lead band member decked out completely in the polyester jumpsuit, rhinestones, bell-bottoms and a cape, plays music from the 80s to current hits and also has a few originals. They have a full PA system, and enough material to play all night. Additionally, they have a stage presence and humor sure to please any crowd.
Bacchus also will host Rock-A-Roke on Friday, Dec. 3 and Friday, Dec. 17.
Recently, Bacchus changed its business strategy to focus on its Bar Bites appetizers and light dining menu as well as private parties and special events, such as Rock-A-Roke.
The Rock-A-Roke event was the brainstorm of Bacchus owner Michelle Juska.
Weve promised to provide new and one-of-a-kind events to the Rockford community, and this delivers upon that promise, she said. Bacchus has exclusive rights to offer Rock-A-Roke with Fat Elvis in Rockford. The feedback and excitement around this event has been phenomenal, so we expect an excellent crowd.
Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St., first opened to the public in 1996. It is among the leading businesses to open in the River District. Bacchus Wine Bar can be found online at www.bacchusrockford.com.