- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Bacchus premieres Rock-A-Roke Nov. 11
Local residents can live out their rock star dreams by singing with a live band during the regional debut of Rock-A-Roke (rhymes with karaoke) from 8 p.m. to midnight, Thursday, Nov. 11, at Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St. Popular band Fat Elvis will provide the backup music to the rising stars.
Patrons can select from a long list of song selections (check out the song list at www.fatelvisrocks.com) to croon to the crowd. Fat Elvis, with lead band member decked out completely in the polyester jumpsuit, rhinestones, bell-bottoms and a cape, plays music from the 80s to current hits and also has a few originals. They have a full PA system, and enough material to play all night. Additionally, they have a stage presence and humor sure to please any crowd.
Bacchus also will host Rock-A-Roke on Friday, Dec. 3 and Friday, Dec. 17.
Recently, Bacchus changed its business strategy to focus on its Bar Bites appetizers and light dining menu as well as private parties and special events, such as Rock-A-Roke.
The Rock-A-Roke event was the brainstorm of Bacchus owner Michelle Juska.
Weve promised to provide new and one-of-a-kind events to the Rockford community, and this delivers upon that promise, she said. Bacchus has exclusive rights to offer Rock-A-Roke with Fat Elvis in Rockford. The feedback and excitement around this event has been phenomenal, so we expect an excellent crowd.
Bacchus Wine Bar, 515 E. State St., first opened to the public in 1996. It is among the leading businesses to open in the River District. Bacchus Wine Bar can be found online at www.bacchusrockford.com.