- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Bands needed for In Youth We Trust Youth Charity Jam
The In Youth We Trust Council of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) is looking for teen bands and musical performers to play at the fourth annual Youth Charity Jam April 7, 2006.
Up to seven acts will be selected to play and win up to $200 in prize money. Applications can be downloaded online through the CFNIL Web site of www.cfnil.org/charityjam. Applications can also be obtained by contacting James Patterson at 815-962-2110, ext. 11. The deadline to apply is Jan. 1, 2006.
Youth Charity Jam is a concert benefiting the Community Foundation Scholarship Fund. These scholarships are awarded to bright, motivated students who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. Last year, seven bands performed for a crowd of more than 450 people. This year, the jam anticipates an attendance of more than 500. Auditions will be scheduled after a completed application is received. Bands are encouraged to submit a demo.
This event is organized by In Youth We Trust, a program of the Community Foundation that promotes youth philanthropy through grant-making and service projects.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue