- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bands needed for In Youth We Trust Youth Charity Jam
The In Youth We Trust Council of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) is looking for teen bands and musical performers to play at the fourth annual Youth Charity Jam April 7, 2006.
Up to seven acts will be selected to play and win up to $200 in prize money. Applications can be downloaded online through the CFNIL Web site of www.cfnil.org/charityjam. Applications can also be obtained by contacting James Patterson at 815-962-2110, ext. 11. The deadline to apply is Jan. 1, 2006.
Youth Charity Jam is a concert benefiting the Community Foundation Scholarship Fund. These scholarships are awarded to bright, motivated students who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. Last year, seven bands performed for a crowd of more than 450 people. This year, the jam anticipates an attendance of more than 500. Auditions will be scheduled after a completed application is received. Bands are encouraged to submit a demo.
This event is organized by In Youth We Trust, a program of the Community Foundation that promotes youth philanthropy through grant-making and service projects.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue