- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Bands needed for In Youth We Trust Youth Charity Jam
The In Youth We Trust Council of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) is looking for teen bands and musical performers to play at the fourth annual Youth Charity Jam April 7, 2006.
Up to seven acts will be selected to play and win up to $200 in prize money. Applications can be downloaded online through the CFNIL Web site of www.cfnil.org/charityjam. Applications can also be obtained by contacting James Patterson at 815-962-2110, ext. 11. The deadline to apply is Jan. 1, 2006.
Youth Charity Jam is a concert benefiting the Community Foundation Scholarship Fund. These scholarships are awarded to bright, motivated students who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. Last year, seven bands performed for a crowd of more than 450 people. This year, the jam anticipates an attendance of more than 500. Auditions will be scheduled after a completed application is received. Bands are encouraged to submit a demo.
This event is organized by In Youth We Trust, a program of the Community Foundation that promotes youth philanthropy through grant-making and service projects.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue