- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Bands needed for In Youth We Trust Youth Charity Jam
The In Youth We Trust Council of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) is looking for teen bands and musical performers to play at the fourth annual Youth Charity Jam April 7, 2006.
Up to seven acts will be selected to play and win up to $200 in prize money. Applications can be downloaded online through the CFNIL Web site of www.cfnil.org/charityjam. Applications can also be obtained by contacting James Patterson at 815-962-2110, ext. 11. The deadline to apply is Jan. 1, 2006.
Youth Charity Jam is a concert benefiting the Community Foundation Scholarship Fund. These scholarships are awarded to bright, motivated students who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. Last year, seven bands performed for a crowd of more than 450 people. This year, the jam anticipates an attendance of more than 500. Auditions will be scheduled after a completed application is received. Bands are encouraged to submit a demo.
This event is organized by In Youth We Trust, a program of the Community Foundation that promotes youth philanthropy through grant-making and service projects.
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue