- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Barnabus caregiver training to take place at P.A. Peterson
StoryImage( ‘/Images/Story//Auto-img-118409320216944.jpg’, ‘Photo courtesy of http://foothillhomecare.ne‘, ”);
Chaplain Charles Olson, chaplain at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, will offer a Barnabus training class for caregivers in July. This program teaches simple, effective ways to care for people. It offers a deep understanding of the issues people face at each stage of their life, and explains how to handle those issues through the best possible conversations in every situation. Recognizing and healing grief will also be studied. The public is welcome to attend. There is no charge for the class. A free-will offering is accepted.
The dates are Sunday, July 22, and Sunday, July 29, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford, 61107. Contact Chaplain Olson at (815) 399-8832 at ext. 4142 if interested.
from the July 11-17, 2007, issue