- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Barnabus caregiver training to take place at P.A. Peterson
StoryImage( ‘/Images/Story//Auto-img-118409320216944.jpg’, ‘Photo courtesy of http://foothillhomecare.ne‘, ”);
Chaplain Charles Olson, chaplain at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, will offer a Barnabus training class for caregivers in July. This program teaches simple, effective ways to care for people. It offers a deep understanding of the issues people face at each stage of their life, and explains how to handle those issues through the best possible conversations in every situation. Recognizing and healing grief will also be studied. The public is welcome to attend. There is no charge for the class. A free-will offering is accepted.
The dates are Sunday, July 22, and Sunday, July 29, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford, 61107. Contact Chaplain Olson at (815) 399-8832 at ext. 4142 if interested.
from the July 11-17, 2007, issue