- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Barnabus caregiver training to take place at P.A. Peterson
StoryImage( ‘/Images/Story//Auto-img-118409320216944.jpg’, ‘Photo courtesy of http://foothillhomecare.ne‘, ”);
Chaplain Charles Olson, chaplain at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, will offer a Barnabus training class for caregivers in July. This program teaches simple, effective ways to care for people. It offers a deep understanding of the issues people face at each stage of their life, and explains how to handle those issues through the best possible conversations in every situation. Recognizing and healing grief will also be studied. The public is welcome to attend. There is no charge for the class. A free-will offering is accepted.
The dates are Sunday, July 22, and Sunday, July 29, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford, 61107. Contact Chaplain Olson at (815) 399-8832 at ext. 4142 if interested.
from the July 11-17, 2007, issue