- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Barnabus caregiver training to take place at P.A. Peterson
StoryImage( ‘/Images/Story//Auto-img-118409320216944.jpg’, ‘Photo courtesy of http://foothillhomecare.ne‘, ”);
Chaplain Charles Olson, chaplain at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, will offer a Barnabus training class for caregivers in July. This program teaches simple, effective ways to care for people. It offers a deep understanding of the issues people face at each stage of their life, and explains how to handle those issues through the best possible conversations in every situation. Recognizing and healing grief will also be studied. The public is welcome to attend. There is no charge for the class. A free-will offering is accepted.
The dates are Sunday, July 22, and Sunday, July 29, from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at P.A. Peterson Center for Health, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford, 61107. Contact Chaplain Olson at (815) 399-8832 at ext. 4142 if interested.
from the July 11-17, 2007, issue