- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Blood Center celebrates Olympics with special edition T-shirt
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) is celebrating the 2004 Olympics by giving a special edition T-shirt to all those who register to give blood during the Olympics (Aug. 13-27).
We thought this would be a nice way to thank our donors and celebrate the Olympic games, said Jennifer Bowman, RRVBC public relations director. Olympic athletes and blood donors are all heroes, so the idea cam naturally.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries. At this time, there is a need for all types of blood. In hopes of offsetting blood shortages that are common during the summer months, RRVBC incorporates several summer promotions to recruit donors. One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. The RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure that the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is open 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Fridays.
Info: RRVBC at 815/965-8751, stop in at 419 N. Sixth St., or visit www.rrvbc.org.