- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Blood Center celebrates Olympics with special edition T-shirt
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) is celebrating the 2004 Olympics by giving a special edition T-shirt to all those who register to give blood during the Olympics (Aug. 13-27).
We thought this would be a nice way to thank our donors and celebrate the Olympic games, said Jennifer Bowman, RRVBC public relations director. Olympic athletes and blood donors are all heroes, so the idea cam naturally.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries. At this time, there is a need for all types of blood. In hopes of offsetting blood shortages that are common during the summer months, RRVBC incorporates several summer promotions to recruit donors. One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. The RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure that the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is open 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Fridays.
Info: RRVBC at 815/965-8751, stop in at 419 N. Sixth St., or visit www.rrvbc.org.