- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Blood Center celebrates Olympics with special edition T-shirt
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) is celebrating the 2004 Olympics by giving a special edition T-shirt to all those who register to give blood during the Olympics (Aug. 13-27).
We thought this would be a nice way to thank our donors and celebrate the Olympic games, said Jennifer Bowman, RRVBC public relations director. Olympic athletes and blood donors are all heroes, so the idea cam naturally.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries. At this time, there is a need for all types of blood. In hopes of offsetting blood shortages that are common during the summer months, RRVBC incorporates several summer promotions to recruit donors. One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. The RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure that the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is open 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Fridays.
Info: RRVBC at 815/965-8751, stop in at 419 N. Sixth St., or visit www.rrvbc.org.