- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Blood Center celebrates Olympics with special edition T-shirt
The Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) is celebrating the 2004 Olympics by giving a special edition T-shirt to all those who register to give blood during the Olympics (Aug. 13-27).
We thought this would be a nice way to thank our donors and celebrate the Olympic games, said Jennifer Bowman, RRVBC public relations director. Olympic athletes and blood donors are all heroes, so the idea cam naturally.
As temperatures rise, so do high-risk activities and related injuries. At this time, there is a need for all types of blood. In hopes of offsetting blood shortages that are common during the summer months, RRVBC incorporates several summer promotions to recruit donors. One in three of us will need blood. Last year, more than 4 million American lives were saved through blood transfusion. The RRVBC is making every attempt to ensure that the community is given the opportunity to conveniently donate blood.
RRVBC is open 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Fridays.
Info: RRVBC at 815/965-8751, stop in at 419 N. Sixth St., or visit www.rrvbc.org.