- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois donates $30,000 to Crusader Clinic
In an effort to further promote health care accessibility for the underserved and contribute to initiatives that improve the quality of life in our communities, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) has donated $30,000 to Crusader Clinic.
Crusader Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Clinic serving the Rock River Valley area with quality primary health care. As the only health care center providing comprehensive primary care on a sliding fee basis in northern Illinois, Crusader serves more than 42,000 patients at four service locations. The agency estimates that 40 percent of Rockfords uninsured receive their primary health care from Crusader. The $30,000 grant was awarded to support the Mobile Diabetes Program. The $30,000 is in addition to a grant Blue Cross presented Crusader Clinic in 2006. BCBSIL employees in Rockford also provided 230 hours of volunteer service to assist Crusader Clinic. Blue Cross has more than 450 employees in Rockford.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, a division of Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), is the largest and most experienced health insurance company in Illinois. It began in 1936 as Hospital Service Corporation with the Blue Cross symbol officially adopted in 1939. HCSC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
From the Feb. 28-March 6, 2007, issue