- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois donates $30,000 to Crusader Clinic
In an effort to further promote health care accessibility for the underserved and contribute to initiatives that improve the quality of life in our communities, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) has donated $30,000 to Crusader Clinic.
Crusader Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Clinic serving the Rock River Valley area with quality primary health care. As the only health care center providing comprehensive primary care on a sliding fee basis in northern Illinois, Crusader serves more than 42,000 patients at four service locations. The agency estimates that 40 percent of Rockfords uninsured receive their primary health care from Crusader. The $30,000 grant was awarded to support the Mobile Diabetes Program. The $30,000 is in addition to a grant Blue Cross presented Crusader Clinic in 2006. BCBSIL employees in Rockford also provided 230 hours of volunteer service to assist Crusader Clinic. Blue Cross has more than 450 employees in Rockford.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, a division of Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), is the largest and most experienced health insurance company in Illinois. It began in 1936 as Hospital Service Corporation with the Blue Cross symbol officially adopted in 1939. HCSC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
From the Feb. 28-March 6, 2007, issue