- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Brooke Road Summerfest July 26
Brooke Road Church will host its annual Summerfest Saturday, July 26, at the church campus, 1404 Brooke Rd. The festival will be from 1 to 7 p.m. in the east parking lot and north and south lawn. Activities will include great prize drawings, fun childrens games, a train by Beaver Valley Lines Railway, dunk tank and pony rides. There is a full menu of food such as porkchop sandwiches, BBQ, walking tacos and a junk food walk. This years festival will include a Christmas in July craft show and a variety of entertainment on the north lawn stage. People of all ages are welcome to attend Summerfest, a neighborhood outreach and mission ministry. Brooke Road Church is in southeast Rockford just west of the intersections of 11th St. and Brooke Rd. Info: 398-8914.