- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Brooke Road Summerfest July 26
Brooke Road Church will host its annual Summerfest Saturday, July 26, at the church campus, 1404 Brooke Rd. The festival will be from 1 to 7 p.m. in the east parking lot and north and south lawn. Activities will include great prize drawings, fun childrens games, a train by Beaver Valley Lines Railway, dunk tank and pony rides. There is a full menu of food such as porkchop sandwiches, BBQ, walking tacos and a junk food walk. This years festival will include a Christmas in July craft show and a variety of entertainment on the north lawn stage. People of all ages are welcome to attend Summerfest, a neighborhood outreach and mission ministry. Brooke Road Church is in southeast Rockford just west of the intersections of 11th St. and Brooke Rd. Info: 398-8914.