- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Brooke Road Summerfest July 26
Brooke Road Church will host its annual Summerfest Saturday, July 26, at the church campus, 1404 Brooke Rd. The festival will be from 1 to 7 p.m. in the east parking lot and north and south lawn. Activities will include great prize drawings, fun childrens games, a train by Beaver Valley Lines Railway, dunk tank and pony rides. There is a full menu of food such as porkchop sandwiches, BBQ, walking tacos and a junk food walk. This years festival will include a Christmas in July craft show and a variety of entertainment on the north lawn stage. People of all ages are welcome to attend Summerfest, a neighborhood outreach and mission ministry. Brooke Road Church is in southeast Rockford just west of the intersections of 11th St. and Brooke Rd. Info: 398-8914.