- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
By Joe Baker, Senior Editor
Have you paid close attention to developments since Sept. 11? (From Citizen-Times.com) Consider this:
An inarticulate, politically inexperienced man with family links to a previous national regime comes to provincial leadership.
Subsequently, he gains the highest national office without winning the popular vote. The election in which he was declared the victor is considered compromised by his brothers province.
He appoints a chief law enforcement officer who has repeatedly called for constitutional revisions.
Regulatory agencies are filled with those previously regulated.
Soldiers patrol transportation centers.
International treaties are abrogated.
International legal organizations are shunned.
Roles of police and military are blurred.
Law enforcement agencies are centralized.
Individual civil rights are reduced.
A shadow government is created.
Domestic surveillance is increased.
People are encouraged to spy on each other.
Military budgets are increased.
The military establishes a disinformation program.
Media access to government is limited.
Consultations with the legislative branch decline.
Connections to corrupt corporate sponsors are disavowed.
Efforts to further plunder natural resources for profit are initiated.
Access to past administrations documents is limited.
A war mentality is established with imprecise enemies.
Nebulous fear-inducing alerts are periodically released.
National level profiling is introduced.
People are imprisoned without public charges and unknown others have disappeared.
Does the word coup come to mind?