- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Canine Classic Dog Fair Sept. 12
The Canine Classic Dog Fair registration and donation forms are now available online at www.wcasrock.org/classic.pdf. This family-oriented fund-raiser is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 12 and benefits the homeless animals housed in the county shelter. Forms can be for both advance registration and collecting donations.
The $10 advance registration, which includes entry into the park for you and your dog, T-shirt, bandanna, and bag of freebies, is due by Friday, Sept. 3. Event day registration with your dog is $15. Dont own a dog? Come anyway because you can attend without a dog for $2 per person or $10 maximum per family, limited to two adults and their children younger than age 16.
Dog fair participants who collect donations of $25 or more qualify for prize drawings providing they turn in their donations on or before event day. The person who collects the highest dollar amount will win a grand prize.
Hosted by the Volunteer Auxiliary to Winnebago County Animal Services, the Canine Classic Dog Fair is full of activities for dogs and their human companions, including fun fair games, microchip identification, obstacle course, agility and obedience training demonstrations, parade of adopted dogs, Frisbee and ball retrieval contests, K-9 police dog units, pet-related vendors, dog rescue groups, door prizes and more.