- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Canine Classic Dog Fair Sept. 12
The Canine Classic Dog Fair registration and donation forms are now available online at www.wcasrock.org/classic.pdf. This family-oriented fund-raiser is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 12 and benefits the homeless animals housed in the county shelter. Forms can be for both advance registration and collecting donations.
The $10 advance registration, which includes entry into the park for you and your dog, T-shirt, bandanna, and bag of freebies, is due by Friday, Sept. 3. Event day registration with your dog is $15. Dont own a dog? Come anyway because you can attend without a dog for $2 per person or $10 maximum per family, limited to two adults and their children younger than age 16.
Dog fair participants who collect donations of $25 or more qualify for prize drawings providing they turn in their donations on or before event day. The person who collects the highest dollar amount will win a grand prize.
Hosted by the Volunteer Auxiliary to Winnebago County Animal Services, the Canine Classic Dog Fair is full of activities for dogs and their human companions, including fun fair games, microchip identification, obstacle course, agility and obedience training demonstrations, parade of adopted dogs, Frisbee and ball retrieval contests, K-9 police dog units, pet-related vendors, dog rescue groups, door prizes and more.