- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Canine Classic Dog Fair Sept. 12
The Canine Classic Dog Fair registration and donation forms are now available online at www.wcasrock.org/classic.pdf. This family-oriented fund-raiser is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 12 and benefits the homeless animals housed in the county shelter. Forms can be for both advance registration and collecting donations.
The $10 advance registration, which includes entry into the park for you and your dog, T-shirt, bandanna, and bag of freebies, is due by Friday, Sept. 3. Event day registration with your dog is $15. Dont own a dog? Come anyway because you can attend without a dog for $2 per person or $10 maximum per family, limited to two adults and their children younger than age 16.
Dog fair participants who collect donations of $25 or more qualify for prize drawings providing they turn in their donations on or before event day. The person who collects the highest dollar amount will win a grand prize.
Hosted by the Volunteer Auxiliary to Winnebago County Animal Services, the Canine Classic Dog Fair is full of activities for dogs and their human companions, including fun fair games, microchip identification, obstacle course, agility and obedience training demonstrations, parade of adopted dogs, Frisbee and ball retrieval contests, K-9 police dog units, pet-related vendors, dog rescue groups, door prizes and more.