• Natural Land Institute fund-raising gala set for April 28
The Natural Land Institute (NLI) invites the public to a festive evening of entertainment with a natural theme featuring art, music, and gourmet food Wednesday, April 28, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., at LaMeres Restaurant at the Rockford Regional Airport.
The private, not-for-profit land conservation organization is hosting the fund-raising event to support its land and wildlife conservation work in northern Illinois. Tickets are $75 per person.
The evening will include the following:
• ArtPhotoscan art murals, prints, sculpture and fabric art;
• Silent auctionWorks by local artists, airplane rides, vacation package and other exciting items;
• Live auctionPhoenix sculpture and works of art;
• Quilt raffleTwo handmade quilts by Sinnissippi Quilters Guild and Loris Damerow;
• Fashion showTheater costumes Au naturel;
• Food and drinksDelightful delicacies from LaMeres and other local gourmet restaurants;
• MusicBy a Rockford Symphony Orchestra member;
• Native plants and trees for saleBeautify your yard with the best plants from local nurseries.
A highlight will be the auction of a 6-foot Phoenix sculpture. The Phoenix is an extremely beautiful, mythical bird that at death bursts into flames, and then rises from its own ashes.
The metal sculpture has a head and wings that move with the wind, as flames of fire turn below in opposite directions. It represents the work of the NLI that since 1958 has saved and restored some of the best prairies, forests and wetlands in northern Illinois.
NLI has embarked on a major conservation initiative that will preserve natural land along the beautiful river valleys and bluffs of the Rock River and Mississippi River.
You can make a difference. Please join NLI members and friends at the Celebrating the Tapestry of Life Gala or call 815/964-6666 for information.