- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Center for Sight & Hearing has moved
The Center for Sight & Hearing has moved from its former location of 625 Adams St., Rockford, to 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford (north of East State Street off Lyford Road).
The center helps people with a vision loss to access computers, use special magnifiers, and continue with daily life activities.
People with a hearing loss develop communication skills, including sign language. The center also helps people to find jobs and has many types of technology available. The addition of audiology services is planned at a later date.
A grand opening to celebrate the construction of the new facility is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 19. The general public is invited to attend from 1 to 3:30 p.m. For more information, call 332-6800.