- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Center for Sight & Hearing has moved
The Center for Sight & Hearing has moved from its former location of 625 Adams St., Rockford, to 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford (north of East State Street off Lyford Road).
The center helps people with a vision loss to access computers, use special magnifiers, and continue with daily life activities.
People with a hearing loss develop communication skills, including sign language. The center also helps people to find jobs and has many types of technology available. The addition of audiology services is planned at a later date.
A grand opening to celebrate the construction of the new facility is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 19. The general public is invited to attend from 1 to 3:30 p.m. For more information, call 332-6800.