- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Center for Sight & Hearing has moved
The Center for Sight & Hearing has moved from its former location of 625 Adams St., Rockford, to 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford (north of East State Street off Lyford Road).
The center helps people with a vision loss to access computers, use special magnifiers, and continue with daily life activities.
People with a hearing loss develop communication skills, including sign language. The center also helps people to find jobs and has many types of technology available. The addition of audiology services is planned at a later date.
A grand opening to celebrate the construction of the new facility is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 19. The general public is invited to attend from 1 to 3:30 p.m. For more information, call 332-6800.