- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Chris Simms hosts open mic poetry April 30
Local poet Chris Simms will emcee a community open mic poetry reading at the Lions Den on the Rockford College campus at 8 p.m., Friday, April 30. Intended to bring the area community together with the campus community, the event is free and open to the public. Sign-up is at 7:45 p.m., and the readings begin at 8 p.m.
Simms is known for his work around the Rock River Valley, specifically for his readings at the Rockford Public Library and its area branches. For more information, call Rockford College at 226-4100.