- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Chris Simms hosts open mic poetry April 30
Local poet Chris Simms will emcee a community open mic poetry reading at the Lions Den on the Rockford College campus at 8 p.m., Friday, April 30. Intended to bring the area community together with the campus community, the event is free and open to the public. Sign-up is at 7:45 p.m., and the readings begin at 8 p.m.
Simms is known for his work around the Rock River Valley, specifically for his readings at the Rockford Public Library and its area branches. For more information, call Rockford College at 226-4100.