- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Chris Simms hosts open mic poetry April 30
Local poet Chris Simms will emcee a community open mic poetry reading at the Lions Den on the Rockford College campus at 8 p.m., Friday, April 30. Intended to bring the area community together with the campus community, the event is free and open to the public. Sign-up is at 7:45 p.m., and the readings begin at 8 p.m.
Simms is known for his work around the Rock River Valley, specifically for his readings at the Rockford Public Library and its area branches. For more information, call Rockford College at 226-4100.