- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Chuck Jefferson honors Rockford IceHogs
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, introduced House Resolution 502 Thursday, May 24, congratulating the Rockford IceHogs for capturing the Colonial Cup.
Rockford has a great sports tradition, Jefferson said. I heartily congratulate the IceHogs for their victory over the Kalamazoo Wings. Their fantastic play this season is a credit to Rockford and to the United Hockey League.
The Rockford IceHogs compiled a regular-season record of 48-21-7. They defeated the Quad City Mallards 4-1 in the opening playoff series. The IceHogs faced the Fort Wayne Komets next, defeating them in five games. They moved on to face the Kalamazoo Wings in the Colonial Cup finals. After jumping out to an early two-game lead, the series tied up and led to an electrifying Game 7. The IceHogs triumphed over the Wings with a 3-1 victory, in front of a record crowd of 6,236.
The IceHogs have been great for the city of Rockford, Jefferson said. The entire organization deserves a commendation for its efforts this season. From the play of UHL All-Stars Frederic Cloutier and Preston Mizzi, to the work of Coach Steve Martinson and the front office, the IceHogs have just done a great job.
For more information about the Rockford IceHogs, call (815) 986-6465 or visit www.icehogs.com. For more information about this resolution or other state issues, contact Jeffersons constituent service office at (815) 987-7433. Jefferson represents the 67th District.
from the June 13-19, 2007, issue