- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
City of Gardens hosts an evening of Wine & Roses
The City of Gardens will host its Wine & Roses fund-raiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, June 22, in Sinnissippi Rose Garden at 1300 N. Second St. The event will feature wines, hors doeuvres, desserts and soft drinks.
Music will fill the garden with entertainment provided by The Coffee Cup Orchestra. One lucky attendee will take home an original painting of the rose garden by local artist Charlotte Hackin.
Sinnissippi Rose Garden is a natural setting for this affair, said Ruth Miller, program director for the City of Gardens. There are more than 2,100 fragrant rose plants that bloom throughout the summer1,200 new to the garden this year. Its a lovely site and one that I hope all community members will visit at some time.
The garden has more than 59 different rose varieties, including tea roses, floribunda, tree and shrub roses. Sinnissippi Rose Garden is AARS (All America Rose Selection) accredited.
Proceeds benefit the City of Gardens and the Sinnissippi Rose Garden Endowment. Cost is $35 per person. Call 987-1689 for reservations.
From the June 21-27,2 006, issue