- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
City of Gardens hosts an evening of Wine & Roses
The City of Gardens will host its Wine & Roses fund-raiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, June 22, in Sinnissippi Rose Garden at 1300 N. Second St. The event will feature wines, hors doeuvres, desserts and soft drinks.
Music will fill the garden with entertainment provided by The Coffee Cup Orchestra. One lucky attendee will take home an original painting of the rose garden by local artist Charlotte Hackin.
Sinnissippi Rose Garden is a natural setting for this affair, said Ruth Miller, program director for the City of Gardens. There are more than 2,100 fragrant rose plants that bloom throughout the summer1,200 new to the garden this year. Its a lovely site and one that I hope all community members will visit at some time.
The garden has more than 59 different rose varieties, including tea roses, floribunda, tree and shrub roses. Sinnissippi Rose Garden is AARS (All America Rose Selection) accredited.
Proceeds benefit the City of Gardens and the Sinnissippi Rose Garden Endowment. Cost is $35 per person. Call 987-1689 for reservations.
From the June 21-27,2 006, issue