- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Coaches clinic scheduled Oct. 24
An American Sport Education Program (ASEP) coaches clinic will be held Sunday, Oct. 24, at Rockfords Quality Suites for anyone interest in becoming certified to coach middle or high school athletics.
The successful completion of the ASEP leader-level program is required by the Illinois High School Association for all non-faculty coaches. To register or for more information, call instructor Jeff Kyle at (217) 586-4799.
Statewide, more than 3,000 coaches were certified through this program last year, and yet many schools still struggle to fill coaching vacancies, Kyle said. Statistically, Illinois faces an attrition rate of 40 percent across the board in coaching.