- Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
Columbus Day Committee needs nominations
The Greater Columbus Day Committee, a Rockford-area volunteer organization that promotes and celebrates the Italian culture of Rockford, seeks nominations from the community for induction of individuals into its Italian-American Hall of Fame. This prestigious award has been given annually to area Italian-Americans since 1978 to recognize and honor their accomplishments. The winner(s) will be honored at the Columbus Day Mass at St. Anthony of Padua Church and Holiday Luncheon Oct. 12. The community is invited to participate in the nomination process and in the Columbus Day Mass and Luncheon activities this fall.
The following criteria for nomination and induction were established by the Hall of Fame Subcommittee of the Greater Columbus Day Committee.
Nominees should be people of Italian heritage whose exemplary lives have made significant contributions to the community in the arts, sciences, government, business, industry, education, volunteer, civic and philanthropic activities, or any other category that is appropriate. Such contributions should reflect a notable community impact and highest standards and ideals.
Nominations should be submitted with a supporting letter that delineates the nominees contributions and activities and should be sent to: Columbus Day Committee, P.O. Box 1915, Rockford, IL 61110-0415.