- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Company helps elderly get drugs from Canada
Pharmaceutical prices are usually lower in Canada because the Canadian government regulates drug prices, whereas the U.S. government allows drug manufacturers to set their own prices. More than 47 million Medicare patients who dont have drug plan coverage are in desperate need.
Chuck Finch, founder of Prescription Specialists located in Rockford, said, The drug companies are greedy for profit, so they dont care that most senior citizens cant afford to take their medication. Recently, Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich announced that he would travel to Canada to find a solution to overpriced drugs.
Finch adds, Im also working on setting up a meeting with the governor because my Canada RX program is already licensed, legal and registered.
Patients fill out a patient information form, send in original prescription from their doctor, customer agreement form and payment, and they will get their same drugs in their same container and package but with a discount up to 70 percent.
The program Canada RX Discount Drugs is managed by U.S. Registered Pharmacists, and prescriptions are safe because they are filled by licensed pharmacists.
For more information, call Chuck Finch at 335-7424 or write to: 1136 Telegraph Rd., Pecatonica, IL 61063.