- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Conover Square Toy Show set for Jan. 21
Conover Square Mall in Oregon will host its 19th Annual Toy Show Saturday, Jan. 21.
Vendors from across the Midwest will have tables set up throughout the building and will feature a wide variety of collectibles, memorabilia, NASCAR, Beanie Babies, farm toys and more.
Exhibitor set-up is from 7 a.m.-9 a.m., the show begins at 9 a.m., and specialty shops will open at 9:30 a.m.
Conover Bakery will be open at 5 a.m., and Conover Coffee & Chocolates will be open at 7 a.m.
The Billy Barnhart Museum on the second level will feature vintage toys, collectibles, farm equipment, sleighs and other relics from the past.
For the railroad buff, the Blackhawk Model Railroad Club will have many items on display.
Conover Square is a unique shopping village in the old Schiller Piano Factory, 201 N. 3rd St., Oregon. For more info, call (815) 732-3950 or visit www.conoversquare.com.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2006, issue