- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Conover Square Toy Show set for Jan. 21
Conover Square Mall in Oregon will host its 19th Annual Toy Show Saturday, Jan. 21.
Vendors from across the Midwest will have tables set up throughout the building and will feature a wide variety of collectibles, memorabilia, NASCAR, Beanie Babies, farm toys and more.
Exhibitor set-up is from 7 a.m.-9 a.m., the show begins at 9 a.m., and specialty shops will open at 9:30 a.m.
Conover Bakery will be open at 5 a.m., and Conover Coffee & Chocolates will be open at 7 a.m.
The Billy Barnhart Museum on the second level will feature vintage toys, collectibles, farm equipment, sleighs and other relics from the past.
For the railroad buff, the Blackhawk Model Railroad Club will have many items on display.
Conover Square is a unique shopping village in the old Schiller Piano Factory, 201 N. 3rd St., Oregon. For more info, call (815) 732-3950 or visit www.conoversquare.com.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2006, issue