- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Conover Square Toy Show set for Jan. 21
Conover Square Mall in Oregon will host its 19th Annual Toy Show Saturday, Jan. 21.
Vendors from across the Midwest will have tables set up throughout the building and will feature a wide variety of collectibles, memorabilia, NASCAR, Beanie Babies, farm toys and more.
Exhibitor set-up is from 7 a.m.-9 a.m., the show begins at 9 a.m., and specialty shops will open at 9:30 a.m.
Conover Bakery will be open at 5 a.m., and Conover Coffee & Chocolates will be open at 7 a.m.
The Billy Barnhart Museum on the second level will feature vintage toys, collectibles, farm equipment, sleighs and other relics from the past.
For the railroad buff, the Blackhawk Model Railroad Club will have many items on display.
Conover Square is a unique shopping village in the old Schiller Piano Factory, 201 N. 3rd St., Oregon. For more info, call (815) 732-3950 or visit www.conoversquare.com.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2006, issue