- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Conover Square Toy Show set for Jan. 21
Conover Square Mall in Oregon will host its 19th Annual Toy Show Saturday, Jan. 21.
Vendors from across the Midwest will have tables set up throughout the building and will feature a wide variety of collectibles, memorabilia, NASCAR, Beanie Babies, farm toys and more.
Exhibitor set-up is from 7 a.m.-9 a.m., the show begins at 9 a.m., and specialty shops will open at 9:30 a.m.
Conover Bakery will be open at 5 a.m., and Conover Coffee & Chocolates will be open at 7 a.m.
The Billy Barnhart Museum on the second level will feature vintage toys, collectibles, farm equipment, sleighs and other relics from the past.
For the railroad buff, the Blackhawk Model Railroad Club will have many items on display.
Conover Square is a unique shopping village in the old Schiller Piano Factory, 201 N. 3rd St., Oregon. For more info, call (815) 732-3950 or visit www.conoversquare.com.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2006, issue