- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
l Last week it was reported that Illinois Community College Board auditors were at Rock Valley College (RVC) May 16. RVC Board of Trustees Chairman Chris Johnson said the auditors were actually from the colleges external accounting firm of McGladrey and Pullen, LLP. The Rock River Times regrets the error.
l In the Real Rockford section of our May 14-20, 2003 issue, brothers Don and Brad Carlyle were identified as co-owners of the new Carlyle Brewery. Only Don Carlyle is the owner of the brewery. The Rock River Times regrets the error.