- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
l Last week it was reported that Illinois Community College Board auditors were at Rock Valley College (RVC) May 16. RVC Board of Trustees Chairman Chris Johnson said the auditors were actually from the colleges external accounting firm of McGladrey and Pullen, LLP. The Rock River Times regrets the error.
l In the Real Rockford section of our May 14-20, 2003 issue, brothers Don and Brad Carlyle were identified as co-owners of the new Carlyle Brewery. Only Don Carlyle is the owner of the brewery. The Rock River Times regrets the error.