- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Cosmopolitan Club funds Crusader program
The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club continued its support of the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program with a donation of $5,865. These funds will help to support the mobile diabetes unit that is used to provide diabetes testing and education at locations throughout the community. During the past year, more than 1,200 people were tested at 50 community locations thanks to Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program.
The Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program has become known as a Center of Excellence for Diabetic Care with a caseload of more than 1,600 diabetic patients. The program provides comprehensive services for diabetics including medical visits, diabetes patient education and consultation by certified diabetic educators, nutrition consultation, optical, podiatry and dental services in addition to assistance with medications and diabetes support groups.
Initial support for the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program began in 1994 when the club recognized the needs of diabetic patients at Crusader Clinic. The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club invited the Mid-States Cosmopolitan Clubs and the Cosmopolitan Diabetes Foundation to support the cost of diabetes education, awareness and treatment for Crusader diabetic patients in need. To date, the Cosmopolitans have provided $160,000.
Special thanks to Jake Fitzgerald, Rockford Cosmopolitan Club president, for donating proceeds from the annual Ribfest to benefit the diabetes program.
To schedule a Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program visit to your club, community center, or organization, contact Lynn Bonilla, R.N., Certified Diabetes Educator, Crusader Clinic, 490-1662.