- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Cosmopolitan Club funds Crusader program
The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club continued its support of the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program with a donation of $5,865. These funds will help to support the mobile diabetes unit that is used to provide diabetes testing and education at locations throughout the community. During the past year, more than 1,200 people were tested at 50 community locations thanks to Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program.
The Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program has become known as a Center of Excellence for Diabetic Care with a caseload of more than 1,600 diabetic patients. The program provides comprehensive services for diabetics including medical visits, diabetes patient education and consultation by certified diabetic educators, nutrition consultation, optical, podiatry and dental services in addition to assistance with medications and diabetes support groups.
Initial support for the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program began in 1994 when the club recognized the needs of diabetic patients at Crusader Clinic. The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club invited the Mid-States Cosmopolitan Clubs and the Cosmopolitan Diabetes Foundation to support the cost of diabetes education, awareness and treatment for Crusader diabetic patients in need. To date, the Cosmopolitans have provided $160,000.
Special thanks to Jake Fitzgerald, Rockford Cosmopolitan Club president, for donating proceeds from the annual Ribfest to benefit the diabetes program.
To schedule a Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program visit to your club, community center, or organization, contact Lynn Bonilla, R.N., Certified Diabetes Educator, Crusader Clinic, 490-1662.