- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Cosmopolitan Club funds Crusader program
The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club continued its support of the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program with a donation of $5,865. These funds will help to support the mobile diabetes unit that is used to provide diabetes testing and education at locations throughout the community. During the past year, more than 1,200 people were tested at 50 community locations thanks to Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program.
The Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program has become known as a Center of Excellence for Diabetic Care with a caseload of more than 1,600 diabetic patients. The program provides comprehensive services for diabetics including medical visits, diabetes patient education and consultation by certified diabetic educators, nutrition consultation, optical, podiatry and dental services in addition to assistance with medications and diabetes support groups.
Initial support for the Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program began in 1994 when the club recognized the needs of diabetic patients at Crusader Clinic. The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club invited the Mid-States Cosmopolitan Clubs and the Cosmopolitan Diabetes Foundation to support the cost of diabetes education, awareness and treatment for Crusader diabetic patients in need. To date, the Cosmopolitans have provided $160,000.
Special thanks to Jake Fitzgerald, Rockford Cosmopolitan Club president, for donating proceeds from the annual Ribfest to benefit the diabetes program.
To schedule a Crusader Clinic/Cosmopolitan Mobile Diabetes Program visit to your club, community center, or organization, contact Lynn Bonilla, R.N., Certified Diabetes Educator, Crusader Clinic, 490-1662.