Crusader unveils new dental clinic
Crusader Clinic has responded to the communitys demand for access to affordable dental care by opening a second dental clinic at the Crusader Clinic on Broadway and 7th St. The 15 dental operatory center, which occupies 6,000 square feet in the clinics lower level, opened for service on July 1, 2002.
The project was funded by federal, state, community and in-kind donations that totaled more than $1.5 million. Will Rodgers, president and CEO, Crusader Clinic, noted, For years, demand for Crusaders dental services has exceeded the clinics ability to respond efficiently. We are truly blessed to have obtained the necessary funding that has made this dental clinic a reality for our community. A grateful thanks is extended to community donors, area legislators and our many partners for their support.
With this new dental care center, expansion capacity has more than doubled, as there are now 27 dental operatories in place between both clinic facilities. Five new full-time dentists have joined the dental care team, led by Trupti Nadkarni, DMD, dental director. The clinic projects to serve more than 12,000 dental patients during 2003 through its two dental care center locations.
The dental clinic provides basic, general (pediatric and adult) dentistry care, including exams, fillings, cleanings and minor procedures including extractions. More complicated procedures such as root canals, crowns and partial dentures are completed on a limited basis. To schedule an appointment, call 490-1340. Emergency dental services are available through dental appointing and on a walk-in/will wait basis.