- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Diabetes support group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Increasing Activity Help Your Diabetes Control is the topic that will be explored during the next Community Diabetes Support Group meeting scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, in the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State in Rockford. Please note the change in location.
Sponsored by the OSF Diabetes Education Center, a division of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; the Diabetes Self-Management Center of SwedishAmerican Hospital; and the Diabetes Education Center at Rockford Health System, the support group meetings are free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at 815-395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO) and was recently awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony is the second healthcare facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
For the third year in a row, consumers in Northern Illinois selected OSF Saint Anthony as a Consumer Choice Award winner in a survey conducted by National Research Corporation.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2005, issue