- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Diabetes support group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Increasing Activity Help Your Diabetes Control is the topic that will be explored during the next Community Diabetes Support Group meeting scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, in the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State in Rockford. Please note the change in location.
Sponsored by the OSF Diabetes Education Center, a division of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; the Diabetes Self-Management Center of SwedishAmerican Hospital; and the Diabetes Education Center at Rockford Health System, the support group meetings are free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at 815-395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO) and was recently awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony is the second healthcare facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
For the third year in a row, consumers in Northern Illinois selected OSF Saint Anthony as a Consumer Choice Award winner in a survey conducted by National Research Corporation.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2005, issue