- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
Diabetes support group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Increasing Activity Help Your Diabetes Control is the topic that will be explored during the next Community Diabetes Support Group meeting scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, in the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State in Rockford. Please note the change in location.
Sponsored by the OSF Diabetes Education Center, a division of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; the Diabetes Self-Management Center of SwedishAmerican Hospital; and the Diabetes Education Center at Rockford Health System, the support group meetings are free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at 815-395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO) and was recently awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony is the second healthcare facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
For the third year in a row, consumers in Northern Illinois selected OSF Saint Anthony as a Consumer Choice Award winner in a survey conducted by National Research Corporation.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2005, issue