- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Diabetes support group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Increasing Activity Help Your Diabetes Control is the topic that will be explored during the next Community Diabetes Support Group meeting scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, in the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State in Rockford. Please note the change in location.
Sponsored by the OSF Diabetes Education Center, a division of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; the Diabetes Self-Management Center of SwedishAmerican Hospital; and the Diabetes Education Center at Rockford Health System, the support group meetings are free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at 815-395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO) and was recently awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony is the second healthcare facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
For the third year in a row, consumers in Northern Illinois selected OSF Saint Anthony as a Consumer Choice Award winner in a survey conducted by National Research Corporation.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2005, issue