- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Diabetes support group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Increasing Activity Help Your Diabetes Control is the topic that will be explored during the next Community Diabetes Support Group meeting scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, in the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State in Rockford. Please note the change in location.
Sponsored by the OSF Diabetes Education Center, a division of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center; the Diabetes Self-Management Center of SwedishAmerican Hospital; and the Diabetes Education Center at Rockford Health System, the support group meetings are free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at 815-395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO) and was recently awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony is the second healthcare facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
For the third year in a row, consumers in Northern Illinois selected OSF Saint Anthony as a Consumer Choice Award winner in a survey conducted by National Research Corporation.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2005, issue