Discovering Wellness … Cultivating Your Truth in 2003
By Kimberly Kaye Castaneda ND, CHt, DD, RMT Truth and Wellness Facilitator
I have decided to start the new year of 2003 out by addressing the importance of emotional healing, self-discovery and self-empowerment. Through this next year of columns, I will be offering YOU, the reader, stories, questionnaires and exercises that I have written for the Cultivating Your Truth workshop/course which has been copyrighted.
You will possibly want to purchase a notebook or journal which will allow you to work through the material provided in the course. Also, I would suggest that you create what I call your Sacred Space and Safe Zone prior to beginning the work. Your Sacred Space should be a place that you can relax and focus in uninterrupted for 15 minutes per day. You may choose to add candles, music, aromatherapy scents, pictures, artwork, a comfortable chair or pillows to your Sacred Space, or it may simply be a desktop that you clear off in the corner of a room or a nightstand beside the bed that you choose to decorate with things that are especially meaningful to youitems that envelop you in tranquility. Your Safe Zone must be a place that you can attend alone when you require nurturing and calming. This may be as simple as behind a closed bathroom or bedroom door, for instance, or you may want to create a special Safe Zone equipped with candles and bubble bath or a warm and fuzzy blanket, a cup of hot chamomile tea and a prayer or self-improvement book. Louise Hay books are wonderful helpers for any Safe Zone.
In this initial column, I wish to employ to you the importance of following through with the Daily Homework below, since our time together with the future exercises will be on a once-a-month basis through the column. We will be creating personal affirmations next month in which you will be able to complete your DABs. If you work with affirmations presently, please continue them until we create new personal ones for you. (Again, Louise Hay works well). Taken from the CYT Workbook:
My self-discovery homework
1. Creating my Safe Zone at home: I will attend my Safe Zone when I am feeling unsafe, out of balance, angry, sad, etc…In my Safe Zone, I will talk myself through my feelings, vocalizing out loud only positive words, phrases, sentences or affirmations.
2. Creating my Sacred Space at home: I will attend my Sacred Space every day for at least 15 minutes. I will utilize my special time for meditation, visualization, prayer, deep thought, DABs, writing or reflecting in my feelings journal or gratitude journal, manifesting, etc…Only positive energy is allowed in my Sacred Space.
3. Gratitude Journal. I will reflect on the positive aspects of my day and write 5 entries every day. I understand and accept the Universal Law that there is never darkness without light or light without darkness. Through both darkness and light I am able to learn about who I am.
4. Daily Affirmation Breaks: Doing my DABs. I will vocalize all of my affirmations out loud no less than once a day.
5. My Feelings Journal: I will devote at least 5 minutes a day to My Feelings Journal, acknowledging and validating only what I felt today. Not what I thought, heard, spoke, etc…I will begin by saying to myself: Today the most prevalent emotion that I felt was…and why. I give great thought to this question before making my entry.
6. The Triple Ts: Displaying The Triple Ts. Whenever I desire a hug, compliment, to be listened to, understood, praised, cheered up, etc…I WILL FIRST put the same act of kindness into action. While doing this, I will be flowing with the Universal Law in a positive manner. What goes around, comes around.
Please feel free to e-mail me from my Web site at: http://www.discoveringwellness.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to share your 2003 experiences with me through this process. You can go to the CYT page on the Web site to learn more.
*Discovering Wellness is now offering one-on-one and group Healing and Self-Discovery Seminar/Workshop/Sessions. Getting to the core of Your Truth and eliminating self-defeating belief systems. Reclaim what can be your greatest joy…YOU!!! Kimberly Kaye Castaneda is a Naturopath who researches and teaches about the benefits of natural, non-invasive healing techniques and therapies. Her Washington, D.C. registration and ANMA and ABH board certification and IAA accreditation with an honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree; along with her degree and certifications in naturopathy states that she is qualified in the use of all natural forms of healing including: acupressure; aromatherapy; Bach flower remedies; chronic diseases; clinical microscopy; color therapy; emotional release therapy; Gua Sha treatments; herbology; homeopathy; hypnotherapy; live blood and dry layer cell analysis; nutrition; raindrop therapy; reflexology; reiki healing and truth and wellness facilitating. She is founder of the Cultivating Your Truth: Seminar/Workshops. She holds an honorable degree of Doctor of Motivation, and has been awarded the title of Pastoral Counselor and Minister. She has a private practice in Rockford located at 521 N. Longwood St. To schedule a private consultation or for reiki classes and attunements, emotional healing and self-discovery workshops and private sessions, motivational speaking engagements or for officiating wedding/clergy services; call (815) 963-1585. Ceremonies by UNITED WE STAND and/or DISCOVERING WELLNESS. To learn more about Kimberly Castaneda, ND and her work, go to http://www.discoveringwellness.com