Discovering Wellness: Healthy harvesting
By Kimberly Kaye Castaneda ND, CHt, DD, RMT Truth and Wellness Facilitator
We all come into this life a barren field. The farmers in charge of our field can make all the difference in the condition of the fruits we bear or the produce we cultivate.
In order for us to reap a ripe and plentiful harvest, we must have responsible, loving and caring farmers tend to our field. A healthy and mature crop will result from:
1. Rich soil full of nutrients; for us that would mean a healthy environment, loving home, security and our emotional needs being met.
2. High quality seeds being sewn; for us that would mean good morals, integrity, honor and truth.
3. Having strong roots; for us, a strong foundation, support, direction, education, character, encouragement and unconditional love.
4. Sunshine; we should be encouraged to celebrate in a life of joy, love, light, laughter and fun.
5. Life sustenance; it is crucial to our survival to have our basic needs met such as water, food, clothing and shelter.
6. Continuous careour fields must be weeded to prevent the overtaking of our crops; for us that means weeding out negativity, unhealthy relationships, limited and false beliefs, unhealthy life habits, poor choices, hate, anger, jealousy, lack of motivation, lack of compassion and passion. We must strive to replace them with healthy relationships, growth, awareness, positive change, positive attitudes, a strong mental and emotional constitution, compassion, love for self and others and spiritual growth. Take a moment to think about the seeds in your life that have already been sewn. What has grown?
Today, you are the farmer of your own field and it is your choice whether you choose to be a withering plant or a plant that stands tall and has the strength to bear fruits and a plant that ultimately can feed and fulfill a multitude of others.
When shopping for produce at the market we tend to toss the bruised produce to the side. Its not perfect, its not pretty, its damaged, we wont get our moneys worth from it so why invest in it? And so, because it has even the smallest of imperfections, we will not choose it. However, if we allow fruit to over-ripen a bit before we have had a chance to eat it, we can decide to make cobblers or banana nut breads that are absolutely delectable.
The lesson is we must not waste the entire process of the preparation, the planting, the sewing and the reaping, just to end up being cast aside in the final harvest, left with nothing to profit from. Just because a portion of the fruit is bruised doesnt mean we should discard the entire piece, it still has value. The same goes for when we feel a portion of ourselves is wounded, we can still choose to make a delicious recipe out of our life.
Reclaim YOUR field, tend to YOUR crop, and plant the seeds that appeal to YOU, so that YOU can reap the harvest and enjoy and find pride in the fruits of your labor.
Discovering Wellness is now offering one-on-one and group Healing and Self Discovery Seminar/Workshop/Sessions. Getting to the core of Your Truth and eliminating self-defeating belief systems. Reclaim what can be your greatest joy …YOU!!!
Kimberly Kaye Castaneda is a Naturopath that researches and teaches about the benefits of natural, non-invasive healing techniques and therapies. Her Washington, D.C., registration and ANMA and ABH board certification and IAA accreditation with an honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree; along with her degree and certifications in naturopathy states that she is qualified in the use of all natural forms of healing including: acupressure; aromatherapy; Bach flower remedies; chronic diseases; clinical microscopy; color therapy; emotional release therapy; Gua Sha treatments; herbology; homeopathy; hypnotherapy; live blood and dry layer cell analysis; nutrition; raindrop therapy; reflexology; reiki healing and truth and wellness facilitating. She is founder of the Cultivating Your Truth? Seminar/Workshops. She holds an honorable degree of Doctor of Motivation, and has been awarded the title of Pastoral Counselor and Minister. She has a private practice in Rockford at 521 N. Longwood St. To schedule a private consultation or for reiki classes and attunements, emotional healing and self-discovery workshops and private sessions, motivational speaking engagements or for officiating wedding/clergy services call (815) 963-1585. Ceremonies by UNITED WE STAND and/or DISCOVERING WELLNESS. To learn more about Kimberly Castaneda, ND and her work, go to http://www.discoveringwellness.com.