- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Dixieland Docs play at First Presbyterian on Waterfront Sunday
First Presbyterian Church of Rockford will host the Dixieland Docs, a local Dixieland jazz band, as part of a special On the Waterfront Sunday service. The band will provide their unique, upbeat music for the worship service at 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 5. Attendees are encouraged to wear casual clothes to the service and, following the service, walk out of the churchs front doors to enjoy the On the Waterfront Festival. The sermon title for the worship service will be What Possesses You?
First Presbyterian will also provide event parking for On the Waterfront for a $3 donation that will go toward the churchs parking lot upkeep, downtown mission work and the youth group work camp trip. The church will also give away 20-ounce bottles of DejaBlue water, provided by the Rockford Dr. Pepper/7-Up distributor.
First Presbyterian Church is at 406 N. Main St., in the heart of the River District.