- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Dixieland Docs play at First Presbyterian on Waterfront Sunday
First Presbyterian Church of Rockford will host the Dixieland Docs, a local Dixieland jazz band, as part of a special On the Waterfront Sunday service. The band will provide their unique, upbeat music for the worship service at 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 5. Attendees are encouraged to wear casual clothes to the service and, following the service, walk out of the churchs front doors to enjoy the On the Waterfront Festival. The sermon title for the worship service will be What Possesses You?
First Presbyterian will also provide event parking for On the Waterfront for a $3 donation that will go toward the churchs parking lot upkeep, downtown mission work and the youth group work camp trip. The church will also give away 20-ounce bottles of DejaBlue water, provided by the Rockford Dr. Pepper/7-Up distributor.
First Presbyterian Church is at 406 N. Main St., in the heart of the River District.