- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Dixieland Docs play at First Presbyterian on Waterfront Sunday
First Presbyterian Church of Rockford will host the Dixieland Docs, a local Dixieland jazz band, as part of a special On the Waterfront Sunday service. The band will provide their unique, upbeat music for the worship service at 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 5. Attendees are encouraged to wear casual clothes to the service and, following the service, walk out of the churchs front doors to enjoy the On the Waterfront Festival. The sermon title for the worship service will be What Possesses You?
First Presbyterian will also provide event parking for On the Waterfront for a $3 donation that will go toward the churchs parking lot upkeep, downtown mission work and the youth group work camp trip. The church will also give away 20-ounce bottles of DejaBlue water, provided by the Rockford Dr. Pepper/7-Up distributor.
First Presbyterian Church is at 406 N. Main St., in the heart of the River District.