- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Dixieland Docs play at First Presbyterian on Waterfront Sunday
First Presbyterian Church of Rockford will host the Dixieland Docs, a local Dixieland jazz band, as part of a special On the Waterfront Sunday service. The band will provide their unique, upbeat music for the worship service at 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 5. Attendees are encouraged to wear casual clothes to the service and, following the service, walk out of the churchs front doors to enjoy the On the Waterfront Festival. The sermon title for the worship service will be What Possesses You?
First Presbyterian will also provide event parking for On the Waterfront for a $3 donation that will go toward the churchs parking lot upkeep, downtown mission work and the youth group work camp trip. The church will also give away 20-ounce bottles of DejaBlue water, provided by the Rockford Dr. Pepper/7-Up distributor.
First Presbyterian Church is at 406 N. Main St., in the heart of the River District.