- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Dixieland Docs play at First Presbyterian on Waterfront Sunday
First Presbyterian Church of Rockford will host the Dixieland Docs, a local Dixieland jazz band, as part of a special On the Waterfront Sunday service. The band will provide their unique, upbeat music for the worship service at 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 5. Attendees are encouraged to wear casual clothes to the service and, following the service, walk out of the churchs front doors to enjoy the On the Waterfront Festival. The sermon title for the worship service will be What Possesses You?
First Presbyterian will also provide event parking for On the Waterfront for a $3 donation that will go toward the churchs parking lot upkeep, downtown mission work and the youth group work camp trip. The church will also give away 20-ounce bottles of DejaBlue water, provided by the Rockford Dr. Pepper/7-Up distributor.
First Presbyterian Church is at 406 N. Main St., in the heart of the River District.