- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Dixons The Next Picture Show hosts art show, sale Jan. 6-Feb. 15
The Next Picture Show, 13 W. First St., Dixon, will host a fine arts show and sale starting Friday, Jan. 6 and running through Wednesday, Feb. 15.
This Survey of Regional Art seeks to showcase area artists and identify current trends in the Rock River Valley art community. Two- and three-dimensional work, in all media, created within the last two years, will be exhibited.
In the lower gallery, student art from Diane Conroy and Jean Eitens pre-kindergarten through 5th grades will be displaying 2D and 3D art. Some of the artists studied are OKeefe, VanGogh, DaVinci, Calder, Rousseau and Wright.
The show is open to the public with an artists reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6. Stop by, meet the artists, and enjoy the exhibit.
The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. Art is for everyone, and the gallery welcomes groups of all ages.
The Next Picture Show is a nonprofit, fine arts community center serving the Rock River Valley. The Gallery provides art classes, workshops, and special event rental space.
More info: www.TheNextPictureShow.org, e-mail email@example.com, or phone 815/285-4924.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2006, issue