- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Dixons The Next Picture Show hosts art show, sale Jan. 6-Feb. 15
The Next Picture Show, 13 W. First St., Dixon, will host a fine arts show and sale starting Friday, Jan. 6 and running through Wednesday, Feb. 15.
This Survey of Regional Art seeks to showcase area artists and identify current trends in the Rock River Valley art community. Two- and three-dimensional work, in all media, created within the last two years, will be exhibited.
In the lower gallery, student art from Diane Conroy and Jean Eitens pre-kindergarten through 5th grades will be displaying 2D and 3D art. Some of the artists studied are OKeefe, VanGogh, DaVinci, Calder, Rousseau and Wright.
The show is open to the public with an artists reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6. Stop by, meet the artists, and enjoy the exhibit.
The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. Art is for everyone, and the gallery welcomes groups of all ages.
The Next Picture Show is a nonprofit, fine arts community center serving the Rock River Valley. The Gallery provides art classes, workshops, and special event rental space.
More info: www.TheNextPictureShow.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 815/285-4924.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2006, issue