- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Dixons The Next Picture Show hosts art show, sale Jan. 6-Feb. 15
The Next Picture Show, 13 W. First St., Dixon, will host a fine arts show and sale starting Friday, Jan. 6 and running through Wednesday, Feb. 15.
This Survey of Regional Art seeks to showcase area artists and identify current trends in the Rock River Valley art community. Two- and three-dimensional work, in all media, created within the last two years, will be exhibited.
In the lower gallery, student art from Diane Conroy and Jean Eitens pre-kindergarten through 5th grades will be displaying 2D and 3D art. Some of the artists studied are OKeefe, VanGogh, DaVinci, Calder, Rousseau and Wright.
The show is open to the public with an artists reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6. Stop by, meet the artists, and enjoy the exhibit.
The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. Art is for everyone, and the gallery welcomes groups of all ages.
The Next Picture Show is a nonprofit, fine arts community center serving the Rock River Valley. The Gallery provides art classes, workshops, and special event rental space.
More info: www.TheNextPictureShow.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 815/285-4924.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2006, issue