- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Dixons The Next Picture Show hosts art show, sale Jan. 6-Feb. 15
The Next Picture Show, 13 W. First St., Dixon, will host a fine arts show and sale starting Friday, Jan. 6 and running through Wednesday, Feb. 15.
This Survey of Regional Art seeks to showcase area artists and identify current trends in the Rock River Valley art community. Two- and three-dimensional work, in all media, created within the last two years, will be exhibited.
In the lower gallery, student art from Diane Conroy and Jean Eitens pre-kindergarten through 5th grades will be displaying 2D and 3D art. Some of the artists studied are OKeefe, VanGogh, DaVinci, Calder, Rousseau and Wright.
The show is open to the public with an artists reception from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6. Stop by, meet the artists, and enjoy the exhibit.
The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. Art is for everyone, and the gallery welcomes groups of all ages.
The Next Picture Show is a nonprofit, fine arts community center serving the Rock River Valley. The Gallery provides art classes, workshops, and special event rental space.
More info: www.TheNextPictureShow.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 815/285-4924.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2006, issue