- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
Donate toward Trees Fund
In the aftermath of the now infamous July 5 storm, the Forest City of Rockford suffered the loss of thousands of trees.
To help re-forest the community, the Rockford Park District Foundation and the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois have created a Trees Fund partnership to raise private funds to help with this effort. The Community Foundation of Northern Illinois is accepting donations of any amount for distribution to the following designated funds: General Reforestation, Rockford Park District Parks, Neighborhood Reforestation (public and common grounds), Winnebago County Forest Preserve District, and Neighbors Assistance (this fund is need-based and includes tree removal). Donors can designate their gifts to the specific fund of their choice. Replacing lost trees will help beautify the city, provide shade, filter out dirt and noise, and provide homes for wildlife.
To make a donation to the Trees Fund, make checks payable to the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois Trees Fund; on the memo line, specify to which of the five funds the donation should be directed. To use a credit card, call Annette at 962-2110, extension 14, or visit www.cfnil.org. Gifts of appreciated assets can also be made to the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
For more information, contact the Rockford Park District Foundation at 987-1630 (TTY, 963-DEAF), or the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois at 962-2110.