- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
East Rotary awards $25,000
The Rockford East Rotary Club doled out more than $25,000 to local charities after completing its annual raffle fund-raiser. Representatives from recipient organizations received the donations at a special presentation, Tuesday, June 17, at the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The benefiting organizations include Kids Around the World, Maya House, Rockford Regional Learning Academy, Girl ScoutsRock River Valley, Sarah Ingrassia Dictionary Fund, Lets Talk It Out, McBuddies School Supplies, Etiquette ProgramDistrict 205, Rock Valley College Scholarship, Rockford College Scholarship, Kids Alive and Gifts for Rotary Youth Leadership.
The Rockford East Rotary Club has grown to more than 80 members and meets every Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. at the Clock Tower. For membership information or to purchase raffle tickets, call Bill Mohr at 964-0995.