- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
East Rotary awards $25,000
The Rockford East Rotary Club doled out more than $25,000 to local charities after completing its annual raffle fund-raiser. Representatives from recipient organizations received the donations at a special presentation, Tuesday, June 17, at the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The benefiting organizations include Kids Around the World, Maya House, Rockford Regional Learning Academy, Girl ScoutsRock River Valley, Sarah Ingrassia Dictionary Fund, Lets Talk It Out, McBuddies School Supplies, Etiquette ProgramDistrict 205, Rock Valley College Scholarship, Rockford College Scholarship, Kids Alive and Gifts for Rotary Youth Leadership.
The Rockford East Rotary Club has grown to more than 80 members and meets every Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. at the Clock Tower. For membership information or to purchase raffle tickets, call Bill Mohr at 964-0995.