- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
East Rotary awards $25,000
The Rockford East Rotary Club doled out more than $25,000 to local charities after completing its annual raffle fund-raiser. Representatives from recipient organizations received the donations at a special presentation, Tuesday, June 17, at the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The benefiting organizations include Kids Around the World, Maya House, Rockford Regional Learning Academy, Girl ScoutsRock River Valley, Sarah Ingrassia Dictionary Fund, Lets Talk It Out, McBuddies School Supplies, Etiquette ProgramDistrict 205, Rock Valley College Scholarship, Rockford College Scholarship, Kids Alive and Gifts for Rotary Youth Leadership.
The Rockford East Rotary Club has grown to more than 80 members and meets every Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. at the Clock Tower. For membership information or to purchase raffle tickets, call Bill Mohr at 964-0995.