- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Easter Seals offers Autism Awareness events
In observance of National Autism Awareness Month, Easter Seals CDC in cooperation with the Northwest Illinois Autism Support Group, sponsored Autism Awareness Month Kick Off April 2, kicking off a month of events.
Every Sunday in April, Fazolis will donate $1 of every all you care to eat spaghetti or fettuccini meal. On Friday, April 16, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Fazolis at 1310 S. Alpine and 1508 E. Riverside Blvd., will donate $1 of every meal. All proceeds will benefit families of children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
On Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Easter Seals CDC will have a resource booth at the Summer Expo at Kennedy Middle School.
Easter Seals has been providing services that help children and adults with disabilities gain greater independence for more than 80 years. Easter Seals primary servicesmedical rehabilitation, job training and employment, inclusive child care, adult day services and camping and recreationbenefit more than 1 million individuals and their families each year through one of 400 centers nationwide.
Easter Seals Childrens Development Center has served children and families throughout Illinois for more than 35 years. Easter Seals CDCs mission is to assist families in building a foundation for their young children through the provision of development, therapeutic, child care and parenting support services. Programs include early intervention, developmental services, pediatric therapy services, inclusive child care, teen family support, family support services, and counseling and behavior services. More info: visit www.il-rk.easterseals.com.