- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Easter Seals offers Autism Awareness events
In observance of National Autism Awareness Month, Easter Seals CDC in cooperation with the Northwest Illinois Autism Support Group, sponsored Autism Awareness Month Kick Off April 2, kicking off a month of events.
Every Sunday in April, Fazolis will donate $1 of every all you care to eat spaghetti or fettuccini meal. On Friday, April 16, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Fazolis at 1310 S. Alpine and 1508 E. Riverside Blvd., will donate $1 of every meal. All proceeds will benefit families of children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
On Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Easter Seals CDC will have a resource booth at the Summer Expo at Kennedy Middle School.
Easter Seals has been providing services that help children and adults with disabilities gain greater independence for more than 80 years. Easter Seals primary servicesmedical rehabilitation, job training and employment, inclusive child care, adult day services and camping and recreationbenefit more than 1 million individuals and their families each year through one of 400 centers nationwide.
Easter Seals Childrens Development Center has served children and families throughout Illinois for more than 35 years. Easter Seals CDCs mission is to assist families in building a foundation for their young children through the provision of development, therapeutic, child care and parenting support services. Programs include early intervention, developmental services, pediatric therapy services, inclusive child care, teen family support, family support services, and counseling and behavior services. More info: visit www.il-rk.easterseals.com.