- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Easter Seals offers Autism Awareness events
In observance of National Autism Awareness Month, Easter Seals CDC in cooperation with the Northwest Illinois Autism Support Group, sponsored Autism Awareness Month Kick Off April 2, kicking off a month of events.
Every Sunday in April, Fazolis will donate $1 of every all you care to eat spaghetti or fettuccini meal. On Friday, April 16, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Fazolis at 1310 S. Alpine and 1508 E. Riverside Blvd., will donate $1 of every meal. All proceeds will benefit families of children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
On Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Easter Seals CDC will have a resource booth at the Summer Expo at Kennedy Middle School.
Easter Seals has been providing services that help children and adults with disabilities gain greater independence for more than 80 years. Easter Seals primary servicesmedical rehabilitation, job training and employment, inclusive child care, adult day services and camping and recreationbenefit more than 1 million individuals and their families each year through one of 400 centers nationwide.
Easter Seals Childrens Development Center has served children and families throughout Illinois for more than 35 years. Easter Seals CDCs mission is to assist families in building a foundation for their young children through the provision of development, therapeutic, child care and parenting support services. Programs include early intervention, developmental services, pediatric therapy services, inclusive child care, teen family support, family support services, and counseling and behavior services. More info: visit www.il-rk.easterseals.com.