The Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., will honor four local businesses with ethnic roots at 2 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 12. Displays will remain throughout September.
The Canaan Restaurant, 330 College Ave., formerly the Campus Diner, was started by the Rev. Lorenzo Thurman at his church, in partnership with Rev. Clayborn Salter. When Thurman died and Salter retired, the diner was taken over by Rev. Theodore and Patricia Robinson.
The Polish Deli, 3002 Charles St., is owned by Mirek Podczaski. It features pastry and a hot food buffet, sandwiches and soup for take-out.
Boves Auto & Truck Service, 1118 Ferguson St., owned by Joseph Bove, has been in business for more than 40 years.
Gaffney Bolt & Nut Co. was founded in 1862 as Rockford Bolt Works. After changing hands, it was acquired by the Gaffney family, who have owned it since 1931.