- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Firefighters fill their boots for MDA
Cherry Valley Firefighters will be on the streets to Fill the Boot for Jerrys Kids. They can be found filling their boots at the intersections of Harrison Avenue/Perryville Road and Newburg Road/Perryville Road.
Fill the Boot is a national fund-raiser that entails the firefighters to ask their local community to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association by filling their boots with spare change or dollar bills. They do this by collecting funds in intersections or in front of stores.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for 43 neuromuscular diseases through a worldwide research program. All the money that is raised stays in the local communities and helps provide wheelchairs and leg braces, clinic visits, support groups, flu shots and a week-long summer camp for the children ages 6-21.