- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Firefighters fill their boots for MDA
Cherry Valley Firefighters will be on the streets to Fill the Boot for Jerrys Kids. They can be found filling their boots at the intersections of Harrison Avenue/Perryville Road and Newburg Road/Perryville Road.
Fill the Boot is a national fund-raiser that entails the firefighters to ask their local community to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association by filling their boots with spare change or dollar bills. They do this by collecting funds in intersections or in front of stores.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for 43 neuromuscular diseases through a worldwide research program. All the money that is raised stays in the local communities and helps provide wheelchairs and leg braces, clinic visits, support groups, flu shots and a week-long summer camp for the children ages 6-21.