- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Firefighters fill their boots for MDA
Cherry Valley Firefighters will be on the streets to Fill the Boot for Jerrys Kids. They can be found filling their boots at the intersections of Harrison Avenue/Perryville Road and Newburg Road/Perryville Road.
Fill the Boot is a national fund-raiser that entails the firefighters to ask their local community to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association by filling their boots with spare change or dollar bills. They do this by collecting funds in intersections or in front of stores.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for 43 neuromuscular diseases through a worldwide research program. All the money that is raised stays in the local communities and helps provide wheelchairs and leg braces, clinic visits, support groups, flu shots and a week-long summer camp for the children ages 6-21.