- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Forest Glen to give complimentary tickets to Milwaukee Irish Fest
As in prior years, Forest Glen, Rockfords national award-winning apartment community on McFarland Road south of Riverside Drive is a proud contributor to and sponsor of Milwaukee Irish Fest, which is known to be the largest and best Irish fest in the world. This year, Milwaukee Irish Fest will be Aug. 14-17 (Thursday through Sunday). There will be a variety of music and dance, all being held on 16 stages along Milwaukees lakefront park and fairgrounds.
Forest Glen is gifting a limited number of Milwaukee Irish Fest tickets to the residents of the Rockford area. Tickets will be limited to two per household. For those interested in receiving complimentary tickets, stop by the Forest Glen clubhouse south of Riverside Drive on McFarland Road. At the same time, you will be able to see a brochure of this years Irish Fest, including a complete schedule of concerts and events. Alternatively, you can visit the Fests Web page at www.irishfest.com.
Also on Forest Glens list of sponsorships is the Forest Glen World-Music Concert Series, which has included nine not-for-profit benefit world-music concerts in Rockford over the past five years. Such concerts have included the very best musicians in the world, including: Pafrick Street, Solas, La Bottine Sourjante, Natalie MacMaster and her band, Altan, Skyedance, Sharon Shannon and her band, Lunasa, and Beolach. The concerts have been well received.
Forest Glen is arranging another spectacular not-for-profit benefit concert for next year.