- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Fruit comes to Charlottes Web
n Adelaide, Australia musicians play acoustic pop, with a shot of blues and eclectic jazz
If youre tired of meat and potatoes music, try some fresh Fruit. Theyll be performing at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 19 at Sinnissippi Park in the Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford. Rain site is the Mendelssohn Club, 415 N. Church St.
Best described as acoustic pop, Fruits eclectic music is a shot of blues and rock n roll, an explosion of jazz, a splash of funk, and a spritz of grooving harmonies. Most important, its all magical.
Fronted by three incredible female vocalists/songwriters, this musical powerhouse from Adelaide, Australia, has become internationally renowned, selling out shows and slaying critics and fans alike all over the globe. Starting in 1995 in the land down under, this group has turned the music world on its head. Fruit is led by three hard-hitting female vocalists, two of whom play acoustic and electric guitars, while the third specializes in brass and woodwinds. The Virginia Beach (Va.) Sun reported, The groups three passionate songwriters, Mel Watson, Sam Lohs and Susie Keynes, sing from the soul about life and living, with positive themes of hope, discovery and self-expression.
Be it heart-lifting ballads, gut-wrenching blues, scorching torches, or pure rocky liberation, Fruit delivers something for everyone. This awesome five-piece band blew everyone away at last years Summer Series, and now theyre back to get you up out of your seats and set you rocking and bopping!
Come to the park and enjoy a refreshing helping of Fruit. Take advantage of the Park District concession stand while strolling around the lovely Sinnissippi Park grounds.