- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Garden Walk July 27
Rockford Area Gardeners of Americas annual Garden Walk will be Sunday, July 27 from 1 to 5 p.m. This is a free event open to all. The group is an affiliate of the Mens Garden Club. Gardens to be featured this year are:
Heiden Garden, 1816 Sharon Ave.; Ewaldz Garden, 2922 Carriage Lane; Dilley Garden, 2919 Carriage Lane; Tinker Swiss Cottage, 411 Kent St.; Graham-Ginestra House, 1115 S. Main St.; Lombardo Garden, 1211 Bedford Lane; Ashley Garden, 1212 Charlotte Dr.; Campobello Garden, 2086 Azure Ct.
Maps will also be provided.