- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Get in shape for Waterfront 5K race
Lace up your trusty running shoes, grab your sweat band and socks, and get ready to run in the 10th Annual Rockford Health System Waterfront 5K race, presented by Ken Bennett and Associates, Inc., and Suby, Von Haden & Associates, S.C.
The competition begins at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 30. This USATF-certified 5K course begins at the Trolley Station at 324 N. Madison St. and winds its way around festival grounds. The race is a part of the Rockford Road Runners Circuit. Awards and cash prizes are awarded to the top three males and top three females in the overall race. The top male and female in the Masters division (age 40 and up) will also receive a cash prize. The awards will be presented on the ComEd Country Jam Stage inside festival grounds at the completion of the race.
Registration fees for the 5K race are $18 in advance, which includes a 2003 commemorative T-shirt and a festival admission button, $16 for Rockford Road Runners, and $21 the day of the race, which does not include a shirt or festival button. Registration the day of the race starts at 7 a.m. at the Trolley Station, and will end at 8 a.m. All advanced registrations must be in by Aug. 29. Registration forms can be obtained online at www.onthewaterfront.com or by contacting the office at 964-4388.
Children also have the opportunity to shine in the Kids 1/4 Mile Fun Run, which will take place at 9:20 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 30. Registration for children is free and may be completed in advance or the day of the race. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and will end at 9:15 a.m.
So start your workout and get in shape for this years Waterfront 5K race.
For more information on the On the Waterfront 5K race or other festival activities, contact the On the Waterfront corporate office at 964-4388.