- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Girl Scouts need volunteers
Volunteers ages 18 and older are needed to lead Girl Scout Troops in Boone, Winnebago, and Ogle counties.
n Professional women and men are needed to give real world advice and help build confidence.
n Moms and dads of all types are needed to lead girls in the right direction and be role models for tomorrows generation.
n Older adults are needed to give years of experience and help history come alive for future leaders of the community.
Girl Scouts-Rock River Valley Council knows there are as many different Troop Leaders as there are Girl Scout Troops. Daisy Girl Scout Troops, girls ages 4 – 6 are perfect for those who like to encourage the enthusiasm of young children. Brownie Girl Scout Troops, girls ages 6 – 8, need leaders who enjoy helping in the community and planning adventures. Lead a Junior Girl Scout Troop, girls ages 8 – 11, and show girls how to be proud of who they are, inside and out. Cadette and Senior Girl Scouts, girls ages 11 – 17, need Troop Leaders who will help them stay in school, build their resumes, and interview for college and future careers. You could be that person.
If you would like to make a difference in a girls life through Girl Scouts, please contact Robin Henning at 962-5591 ext. 138 for more information.