- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
SPRINGFIELD, ILWhen was the last time you saw your child playing with the toy they received for the holidays last year? Like most parents, you probably discovered that many of the toys given to your child often end up dusty and forgotten, under beds or replaced by the next techno-gadget. Where can you find a gift that is meaningful and long lasting?
College Illinois! offers parents and grandparents an opportunity to give the generous gift of a college education. A 529 prepaid tuition program administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, College Illinois! allows participants to prepay tomorrows tuition and fees at todays prices. This unique college funding option, which is the only 529 plan backed by the state of Illinois, is open through March 27.
A college education isnt just any gift–its a legacy, said Randy Erford, director of College Illinois!. Parents and grandparents can rest assured that their gift of college tuition will outlast any toy, sweater or CD. College Illinois! contracts keep on giving by paying future college tuition for the student as well as providing peace of mind for the purchaser.
This year, College Illinois! is making it easy for parents and grandparents to give the gift of college by offering convenient online registration. As an added bonus, any parent or grandparent who orders a College Illinois! contract online (www.collegeillinois.com) before Dec. 18, 2001, can call the toll-free number (1-877-877-3724) to request a special holiday certificate that they can present to their child or grandchild.
College Illinois! participants can purchase from one semester at a community college to nine semesters at a public university. Various payment options are available, including monthly installments.