- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
SPRINGFIELD, ILWhen was the last time you saw your child playing with the toy they received for the holidays last year? Like most parents, you probably discovered that many of the toys given to your child often end up dusty and forgotten, under beds or replaced by the next techno-gadget. Where can you find a gift that is meaningful and long lasting?
College Illinois! offers parents and grandparents an opportunity to give the generous gift of a college education. A 529 prepaid tuition program administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, College Illinois! allows participants to prepay tomorrows tuition and fees at todays prices. This unique college funding option, which is the only 529 plan backed by the state of Illinois, is open through March 27.
A college education isnt just any gift–its a legacy, said Randy Erford, director of College Illinois!. Parents and grandparents can rest assured that their gift of college tuition will outlast any toy, sweater or CD. College Illinois! contracts keep on giving by paying future college tuition for the student as well as providing peace of mind for the purchaser.
This year, College Illinois! is making it easy for parents and grandparents to give the gift of college by offering convenient online registration. As an added bonus, any parent or grandparent who orders a College Illinois! contract online (www.collegeillinois.com) before Dec. 18, 2001, can call the toll-free number (1-877-877-3724) to request a special holiday certificate that they can present to their child or grandchild.
College Illinois! participants can purchase from one semester at a community college to nine semesters at a public university. Various payment options are available, including monthly installments.