- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
SPRINGFIELD, ILWhen was the last time you saw your child playing with the toy they received for the holidays last year? Like most parents, you probably discovered that many of the toys given to your child often end up dusty and forgotten, under beds or replaced by the next techno-gadget. Where can you find a gift that is meaningful and long lasting?
College Illinois! offers parents and grandparents an opportunity to give the generous gift of a college education. A 529 prepaid tuition program administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, College Illinois! allows participants to prepay tomorrows tuition and fees at todays prices. This unique college funding option, which is the only 529 plan backed by the state of Illinois, is open through March 27.
A college education isnt just any gift–its a legacy, said Randy Erford, director of College Illinois!. Parents and grandparents can rest assured that their gift of college tuition will outlast any toy, sweater or CD. College Illinois! contracts keep on giving by paying future college tuition for the student as well as providing peace of mind for the purchaser.
This year, College Illinois! is making it easy for parents and grandparents to give the gift of college by offering convenient online registration. As an added bonus, any parent or grandparent who orders a College Illinois! contract online (www.collegeillinois.com) before Dec. 18, 2001, can call the toll-free number (1-877-877-3724) to request a special holiday certificate that they can present to their child or grandchild.
College Illinois! participants can purchase from one semester at a community college to nine semesters at a public university. Various payment options are available, including monthly installments.