- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Goo Goo Dolls coming to Coronado
For the first time in Rockford, Centre Events and NiteLite Promotions are excited to bring the Goo Goo Dolls to the Coronado Theatre one night only, Wednesday, Aug. 20, at 7:30 p.m.
The Buffalo, N.Y.-based group is composed of Johnny Rzeznik, singer/guitarist; Robby Takac, bassist; and Mike Malinin, drummer, who replaced original drummer George Tutuska. Touring over the years, the Goo Goo Dolls fans filled arenas, theaters, clubs, festivals and amphitheaters. As well as headlining, the Goo Goo Dolls have also toured in support of music sensations including dates this summer with Bon Jovi.
The Goo Goo Dolls have continually created smash hits since their popular single Name from the 1995 album, A Boy Named Goo. A mix of talent and sweat equity that paid off with a breakthrough in every sense of the word, with worldwide sales approaching 6 million and counting, and a string of smash hit singles including Iris from the Nicolas Cage movie City of Angels, as well as Slide and Black Balloon.
The three words that aptly sum up the Goo Goo Dolls career to dateaspiration, attainment and the ability to surpass all expectationsare also the essential elements in the creation of their 2002 release Gutterflower, featuring the popular single Here is Gone.
Tickets go on sale at 11 a.m., Saturday, June 28 at the MetroCentre Box Office, all Centre Events outlets, online at centreevents.com or charge by phone at 968-5222.