- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Gospel Choir celebrates Black History Feb. 17
Rockford Colleges Young Eagles Success Club will present an open house at the Rockford College Gospel Choir Black History Month Celebration at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 17, at Rockford Colleges Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
The Rockford College Young Eagles Success (YES) Club was recently approved by the Campus Activities Board as an official Rockford College student organization.
The scope and purpose of the YES Club is to provide character building RESPECT workshops and fine arts projects that promote anti-drugs, alcohol, violence and crime.
In conjunction with the Jane Addams vision of community engagement, participants may be Rockford College students as well as regional youth.
Special performances and recording projects will be presented by interested members through the YES club singing group called Young Eagles Soaring Inspirational Choir (YESIC).
The YES Club/YESIC vision was inspired by founder and CEO of Sounds of Good News (SOGN) Productions and Rockford College Gospel Choir Adjunct Professor Carl A. Cole (Mr. C) from a youth program previously established by he and his wife Dianna (Mrs. C), SOGN general manager, director of education and Rockford College Gospel Choir course assistant.
YES Club officers include Brian Doering, president; Kassi Molitor, vice president; Love Morgan, projects assistant; Alyssa Doering, youth liaison; Luke Guevara, YESIC president; Amanda Mercurio, YESIC vice president/Northern Branch president; and Mr. C as faculty adviser.
All YES Club Programming and Projects will be executed in association with SOGN Productions.
Info: (815) 519-7071.
From the Feb. 14-20, 2007, issue