- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Gospel Choir celebrates Black History Feb. 17
Rockford Colleges Young Eagles Success Club will present an open house at the Rockford College Gospel Choir Black History Month Celebration at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 17, at Rockford Colleges Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
The Rockford College Young Eagles Success (YES) Club was recently approved by the Campus Activities Board as an official Rockford College student organization.
The scope and purpose of the YES Club is to provide character building RESPECT workshops and fine arts projects that promote anti-drugs, alcohol, violence and crime.
In conjunction with the Jane Addams vision of community engagement, participants may be Rockford College students as well as regional youth.
Special performances and recording projects will be presented by interested members through the YES club singing group called Young Eagles Soaring Inspirational Choir (YESIC).
The YES Club/YESIC vision was inspired by founder and CEO of Sounds of Good News (SOGN) Productions and Rockford College Gospel Choir Adjunct Professor Carl A. Cole (Mr. C) from a youth program previously established by he and his wife Dianna (Mrs. C), SOGN general manager, director of education and Rockford College Gospel Choir course assistant.
YES Club officers include Brian Doering, president; Kassi Molitor, vice president; Love Morgan, projects assistant; Alyssa Doering, youth liaison; Luke Guevara, YESIC president; Amanda Mercurio, YESIC vice president/Northern Branch president; and Mr. C as faculty adviser.
All YES Club Programming and Projects will be executed in association with SOGN Productions.
Info: (815) 519-7071.
From the Feb. 14-20, 2007, issue