- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Gospel Choir celebrates Black History Feb. 17
Rockford Colleges Young Eagles Success Club will present an open house at the Rockford College Gospel Choir Black History Month Celebration at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 17, at Rockford Colleges Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
The Rockford College Young Eagles Success (YES) Club was recently approved by the Campus Activities Board as an official Rockford College student organization.
The scope and purpose of the YES Club is to provide character building RESPECT workshops and fine arts projects that promote anti-drugs, alcohol, violence and crime.
In conjunction with the Jane Addams vision of community engagement, participants may be Rockford College students as well as regional youth.
Special performances and recording projects will be presented by interested members through the YES club singing group called Young Eagles Soaring Inspirational Choir (YESIC).
The YES Club/YESIC vision was inspired by founder and CEO of Sounds of Good News (SOGN) Productions and Rockford College Gospel Choir Adjunct Professor Carl A. Cole (Mr. C) from a youth program previously established by he and his wife Dianna (Mrs. C), SOGN general manager, director of education and Rockford College Gospel Choir course assistant.
YES Club officers include Brian Doering, president; Kassi Molitor, vice president; Love Morgan, projects assistant; Alyssa Doering, youth liaison; Luke Guevara, YESIC president; Amanda Mercurio, YESIC vice president/Northern Branch president; and Mr. C as faculty adviser.
All YES Club Programming and Projects will be executed in association with SOGN Productions.
Info: (815) 519-7071.
From the Feb. 14-20, 2007, issue