- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Grief groups at Northern Illinois Hospice
NIHA has a selection of grief programs scheduled for this fall. Friends on the Way, a six-week adult grief group that is currently running, will begin again Thursdays, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., from Sept. 18, with a Sept. 11 registration deadline.
Expedition, NIHAs grief support group for teens from 13-17, will begin again on Wednesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m., starting Oct. 8 and running through Nov. 12. Registration is due by Sept. 25.
A mens grief group, Entering A New Terrain, will be open to any adult male experiencing grief due to a loss from death. This peer-facilitated six-week group will meet Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. from Sept. 18 through Oct. 30 in the Main Hospice Library. Registration is due by Sept. 15.
Lessons in Grief is an adult educational program for the bereaved and for those who are assisting them. Two three-week sessions will be offered on Mondays, starting Sept. 8, with a Sept. 2 registration deadline, and Nov. 10, with a Nov. 3 deadline. Topics will include misconceptions about grief, the impact of grief on families and the healing process, normal reactions to grief, understanding children and grief, and how to help when you dont know what to say.
Register for any of the programs above by calling Jennifer Stevens at 398-0500.