- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Guest Column : 14 reasons to deport illegal aliens
Thanks to Illinois Minutemen (http://illinoisminutemanproject.com) for compiling this information, and I challenge ANY of our ideological opponents to disprove ANY of these facts:
1. $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.
2. $2.2 billion a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 billion a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $12 billion a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally, and they cannot speak a word of English!
5. $17 billion a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
6. $3 billion a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
7. Thirty percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8. $90 billion a year is spent on illegal aliens for welfare and social services by the American taxpayers.
9. $200 billion a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate thats 2-1/2 times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the United States.
11. During the year of 2005, there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern border; also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border.
12. The National Policy Institute estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion, or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five-year period.
13. In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
14. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants in the United States.
So, using the LOWEST estimates, the annual cost of ILLEGAL ALIENS is $338.3 BILLION A YEAR! So, if deporting them costs between $206 and $230 BILLION, well be ahead after the very first year!
Each of these 14 points has affirming Web sites that are available if you want to e-mail me to get the corresponding Web sites. E-mail me at: JohnThunderBear@aol.com.
John Kahl is a lifelong Rockford resident and taxpayer, and is the Winnebago County coordinator for the Minuteman Project.
from the Sept. 19 – 25, 2007, issue