Heart of Rockford Awards and dinner to be held July 10
River District announces the Heart of Rockford Awards and Dinner to be held Tuesday, July 10 at the Coronado Theatre with keynote speaker, Mayor Doug Scott. Ticket price is $35 and includes dinner, tax and gratuity. The evenings event begins with a cocktail hour at 5:30 in the Historic Lobby and on the Mezzanine Level; music provided by pianist Nathan Huber.
As guests enter the Theatre for dinner at 6:30, they will be greeted by the beautiful mood-setting organ music of LOLTOS member Bob Bates. Guests will enjoy dinner being served to them on stage. The program will begin at 7 p.m. with the keynote address, and at 7:30 with the Awards Presentation. Call the River District office for reservations and more information at (815) 964-6221. Reservation deadline is Friday, July 6.
This event is made possible by the following event sponsors: Associated Bank, William Charles Investments, Cultural Corridor Coalition (RACVB) and supporting sponsors: CentreEvents, Broadway Florists, Adams/IMS. Media sponsor is WTVO News Channel 17. Entertainment sponsor is Miller Lite/Lorden Distributing Company.
Award categories are:
1) New Business: Any new retail, commercial or restaurant business that has made an impact on the quality of life for Rockford residents.
2) Commitment by and Individual or Business: Any individual or business that has furthered the image or economic development of the River District.
3) Historic Preservation: Any historical restoration project that maintains the integrity of the original structure and enhances the River District.
4) Residential or Commercial Renovation: Any interior, exterior, facade or sympathetic renovation made to a building in the River District.
5) Festival or Special Event: Any special event or festival open to the public held in the River District. Nominations could include street festivals, fundraisers, holiday celebrations, music events, parades, races or arts and cultural activities.
Last winners were: 5Spa, Trekk Cross Media, the Rockford Register Star, Tom Walsh (CEO, Associated Bank), Morrissey Realty Group, Head of the Rock River Rowing Regatta, Greg and Lulu Watt, Rockford Rescue Mission, Groove Walk and Burpee Museum of Natural History.