- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Hey, its Saxophone time!
The Saxophones, a seven-piece band, featuring everyones favorite instrument, the saxophone, is the featured entertainment for Wood SongMusic in the Garden on Aug. 10. The outdoor concert will be held in the Fountain Garden of Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden, 2701 Clifton Ave.
Playing together since the late 1980s, the Saxophones have some of the best musicians Chicagoland has to offer. This group soothes and excites audiences throughout the Midwest with its great classic rock, soul and swing with not one, but three saxophones up front and personal. Their play list will include songs by Louis Prima, Carlos Santana, Kenny G, Jimmy Forest, Chubby Checker and Louis Jordan, just to name a few. The Saxophones appeal to young and old alike. Wood SongMusic in the Garden, presented by Morgan Stanley, is a family-friendly event.
A wide selection of gourmet personal picnics, with selections such as Caesar Chicken in a spinach tortilla, roasted turkey on a multigrain roll with lettuce, tomato, vinaigrette dressing, avocado and pepper jack cheese and more, catered by River District Cafe, will be available by pre-order only.
Audience members are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair, as seating is limited. Gates open at 4 p.m. for picnics and strolling the gardens prior to the concert beginning at 6 p.m. Admission in advance is $14 for general public and $16 at the gate. Klehm members receive a $2 discount on tickets. Phone orders are welcomed with a major credit card. More information: 965-8146; toll free 888-419-0782, or visit the Web site at www.klehm.org.