- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Hey, its Saxophone time!
The Saxophones, a seven-piece band, featuring everyones favorite instrument, the saxophone, is the featured entertainment for Wood SongMusic in the Garden on Aug. 10. The outdoor concert will be held in the Fountain Garden of Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden, 2701 Clifton Ave.
Playing together since the late 1980s, the Saxophones have some of the best musicians Chicagoland has to offer. This group soothes and excites audiences throughout the Midwest with its great classic rock, soul and swing with not one, but three saxophones up front and personal. Their play list will include songs by Louis Prima, Carlos Santana, Kenny G, Jimmy Forest, Chubby Checker and Louis Jordan, just to name a few. The Saxophones appeal to young and old alike. Wood SongMusic in the Garden, presented by Morgan Stanley, is a family-friendly event.
A wide selection of gourmet personal picnics, with selections such as Caesar Chicken in a spinach tortilla, roasted turkey on a multigrain roll with lettuce, tomato, vinaigrette dressing, avocado and pepper jack cheese and more, catered by River District Cafe, will be available by pre-order only.
Audience members are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair, as seating is limited. Gates open at 4 p.m. for picnics and strolling the gardens prior to the concert beginning at 6 p.m. Admission in advance is $14 for general public and $16 at the gate. Klehm members receive a $2 discount on tickets. Phone orders are welcomed with a major credit card. More information: 965-8146; toll free 888-419-0782, or visit the Web site at www.klehm.org.